RF-101C Voodoo, 45th TRS/460th TRW, `Polka Dots`.

Another superb build Russ.  I have the Valom '72 kit in the stash.

All paintwork by hand as usual?  The colour match looks great - which paints did you use for this one?

Cheers bud,

Phil

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Booty003 said:

Another superb build Russ.  I have the Valom '72 kit in the stash.

All paintwork by hand as usual?  The colour match looks great - which paints did you use for this one?

Cheers bud,

Phil

Thanks Phil, yeah, still not bought an airbrush 🙂.

The pints were Humbol Enamels: 91 dark green, 30 dark green, 118 tan and 196 light grey, all weathered with olive drabs 66 and 155,  green 117 and a light brown I can`t remember the number of.

Look forward to seeing yours soon !

Cheers Russ

• Like 2

On 12/2/2019 at 5:58 PM, pinky coffeeboat said:

Well done, another great model. Plus (controversy alert!!) realistically weathered too - no black lines or white centre panels or heavy multi-coloured streaking.

Great job!!

Jeff

Russ,

Concur with my co-respondents comments above. ANOTHER great job with superb brushwork and perfectly balanced weathering.

Well Done, Sir !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Yowzah! Without a doubt the very best RF-101 build I have seen in any scale; in my favorite markings, too. The One-Oh-Wonder was a big, beautiful beast, and you have done her proud. Well done! :clap2:

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Amazing Voodoo, Russ! 👏 The «Polka Dots» scheme is my favourite on RF-101C. No airbrush? Yes, you’re archived a great results with a Humbrol enamels; I’m use them when I was a teenager, along with the Model-Master enamels - the most suitable for hand brushing paints ever.

• Thanks 1

Another masterpiece, Russ. I too like the subtle weathering which looks very realistic. You have done a great job with a challenging kit but that IS the joy of modelling, as opposed to assembling.

Well Done, Sir !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1