Eduard Spitfire mk vIII 1/48 kit Beginner going extreme!

Sunny

Hi Everyone,

I am building a Eduard Spitfire Viii 1/48th in as much detail as possible. I got alot of good feedback on my engine so will try and do an upto date build log. I am a beginner and have not  built models for over 25 years so any help or advice is much appreciated.    

PART 1:  Eduard surface detail kit and Gun bay kit.

This is the first time I am using a surface detail kit.  Below are some photos of the swiss cheese  fuselage ready for the PE.  I have attached a photo of of the instruction but does any one know if i am doing this right? Do you know if the visible surface parts are meant to lay flat, or kept open (as if the cap itself is open).  The parts that you glue on the inside seem to have alot of detail to them too?

nRzhN7U.jpg

2nMpyLP.jpg

DM4TzfO.jpg

RyEMALb.jpg

chgLKng.jpg

TPCwbGE.jpg

ULRgCSJ.png

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/28ZVhSG" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/28ZVhSG"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Edited by Sunny

I *think* that's right.

Guess part 26 is detailed (or in fact even exists) in case you wanted to leave the cover off.

Template "C" - does the size of the whole correspond to the diameter of part 25?

Looking the the rest of the instructions (I'm assuming it's 48766?) then it would seem you are indeed correct.......

Edited by Lawzer

update to this.  I have nearly finished in the insides of the cabin.  as you can see I have also made the Spitfire Radio Compartment (eduard 648120).  I tried some weathering but not sure i like to look.  Any recomendations on the colour of wash to use for green?

OjmwgTX.jpg

kExom3L.jpg

Ofcourse i still need to paint the other inner side! 

• Like 1