F/A-18 RAAF (HobbyBoss 1/48)

4 hours ago, polybebber said:

Stunning build, top notch paint work - hats off :worthy:

Did you use any AM bits and pieces?

Lothar

AIM 120 and GBU-12 from Hasegawa weapon sets.   Styrene strips for seat belts, ,buckles and exhausts.   Added rivets to the fuselage to enhance to details.    

You can view some of my completed models here http://ptearsenal.blogspot.com/

Very nice Hornet, I love the Aussie-Hornets anyway. You did realy great work on the paintjob and weathering.

I wonder which decals you used, because there is a small fault with them. The kangaroo on the roundels always looks forward.

Regards

Daniel

Edited by _alfisti_
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, _alfisti_ said:

Very nice Hornet, I love the Aussie-Hornets anyway. You did realy great work on the paintjob and weathering.

I wonder which decals you used, because there is a small fault with them. The kangaroo on the roundels always looks forward.

Regards

Daniel

I used HobbyBoss decals, didn't realize the error until commented by members in this forum.  hahah....   Option 1: use after market decals to overlap the roundel, Option 2: leave it as it is.  I choose option 2.         

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Very very nice job.

I am considering building an RAAF legacy Hornet and it looks like Kinetic make a great kit.

But is the best starting point an "A" or a "C"? 

They started life as an "A" obviously but with the upgrades have they morphed into a "C"?

Is there much difference?

cheers for now