Tamiya 1/35 Panzer II

Hi all,

So I'm here now with my second armour build after my Kubelwagen which kick-started my slide over to the AFV section as I'm normally found in the aircraft forum.  This time I went for another fairly simple kit by Tamiya - only this time decided to go for a tank - the Panzer II.

I really enjoyed this kit and had absolutely no fit problems - I'll definitely continue to do more armour builds and have already added a few to the stash including a Tamiya Panzer IV and the new Airfix re-boxes of a 35t and a Stuart.  So here's the pics and as always your feedback is appreciated especially as I'm new to AFV builds:

DSC00521

DSC00522

DSC00523

DSC00524 DSC00525

DSC00526

DSC00530

DSC00532

DSC00533

Thanks for looking 

Kris

• Like 20

10 hours ago, Red Five said:

Cool little kit. this was also my 2nd armour build ever too way back loved it and got me into diorama making too. Love the rust effects great work

Thanks for your feedback Red - that's much appreciated coming from you as I'm a big fan of your builds - especially your fantastic dioramas

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Very nicely done. It looks as though it has been well blasted by the desert winds. Nice one.

John.

Thanks John - I really experimented when it came to weathering with this one - nice to do something totally different as you can't really weather aircraft in the same way you can weather an AFV

• Like 1

Very nice model. I'm particularly fond of Afrika Korps vehicles.

Just a small note if I may; the collar insignia should be pink (not black) with silver stripes, and the shoulder pieces were all silver.

Cheers, Michael

On 12/3/2019 at 6:15 PM, Toryu said:

Very nice model. I'm particularly fond of Afrika Korps vehicles.

Just a small note if I may; the collar insignia should be pink (not black) with silver stripes, and the shoulder pieces were all silver.

Cheers, Michael

Thanks Michael - much appreciated. Your feedback on the collar insignia is well received - the kit instructions were useless for this info so I did my best to research it but couldn't find what I needed so went with some artistic licence - thank you for being able to clarify and clear this up for me

3 minutes ago, Martin1962 said:

Very very nice indeed. Super skills there.

Thank you very much for the kind feedback Martin - really appreciated - I really enjoyed this model as my first foray into tanks - it's amazing how many skills and techniques you can use that are both similar and completely different between AFV and aircraft