Tupolev Tu-2 Korean war Magazine article

oggy4u

Hi,

A few years ago a British magazine put out  an article on how to convert the ICM 1/72 Tupolev Tu-2 from an early Tu-2  to a post war version used in the Korean war . The Korean War version had new 4 bladed propellers (from the VEB Tu-2 kit ) added plus a single window replacing the three small windows on the side . Does anyone know the name of the magazine plus the year and the month ?

Thank you  Alan 

I don't know of this, but you will also require a change to the rear of the canopy, and to the engine cowlings re the bulges - I don't recall which way they go.  Memory suggests (cautiously!) that the Hobby Boss tooling has a different canopy.  I would also suggest that changes did not occur all at once.

Thanks for the information ,guys . I am building the ICM Tu-2 kit . I found a VEB post war Tu-2 kit and it has the the 4 blade props but the rear, 

round   window is pretty bad . I will have to scrounge around for a replacement .

19 hours ago, oggy4u said:

Thanks for.your.response . Do you know what was different about the canopy ? 

The hobbyboss kit looks like an early version not post WW II .

I recommend the following forum: http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/board/index.php?board=48.0

In one of these there is a thread on the differences between early and late Tu.2s, including a good photo of the rear canopy.  I'm sorry I don't recall exactly which one, despite being involved in it, but there's lots of good stuff in other threads too.  However I would stress that there are more than two variants of the aircraft (discounting the more exotic ones) so if you think in black and white terms of "early" or "late" you will find a lot of aircraft with features of both.  I suspect this includes the kits.