1/35 British Infantry in Afghanistan

Impressive job on the camouflage :clap:

I would only suggest you to practice more on the eyes painting: they look a bit too big and detract from the extreme realism you achieved with the rest. Plenty of tutorials on the 'net, you just need to pic what method suits you best.

I did post a few SBS myself on here, although admittedly in bigger scales.

Which brings me back to say again how impressive your paint job is in such a small scale! :worthy:

Ciao

• Thanks 1

Camo looks solid. Overall good work. 

To add to the eye discussion:

Eyes are the hardest part of any large scale figure... it's so easy to do them wrong. I do them badly consistently and I spend hours redoing them each time I paint a bust. 

One tip I have for the eyes is don't use white... Eyes are usually much darker than you think they are; pure white attracts much too much attention to them. You can add a little bit of brown and/or red to a pure white to tone it down a bit. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, c0ldethey said:

One tip I have for the eyes is don't use white... Eyes are usually much darker than you think they are; pure white attracts much too much attention to them. You can add a little bit of brown and/or red to a pure white to tone it down a bit. 

I concur. I use grey rather than white, actually light gull grey which anyway has a bit if a brown hue in it, but I will try brown next time, as you mentioned it.

Ciao

9 minutes ago, giemme said:

I concur. I use grey rather than white, actually light gull grey which anyway has a bit if a brown hue in it, but I will try brown next time, as you mentioned it.

Ciao

You can look at the Churchill bust I just posted if you want an example of much too white eyes!! :)

1 hour ago, c0ldethey said:

You can look at the Churchill bust I just posted if you want an example of much too white eyes!! :)

Adding red there was probably the best option, seeing his habits about liquids... :D 

Ciao

• Haha 1

I think that you've got the message about the eyes so I won't add to it. What I will say though is that you can improve the aerial by changing it for one from Accurate Armour. They do some very nice ones in carbon firbre. That said, nice job.

John.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

great figures and camo, One last comment on the eyes and advice I got from an award winning figure modeller. Try to paint the eyes so that they are not looking straight ahead, as it gives a slightly unrealistic 'scary staring' appearance. I'd agree with previous comments about the size too. Sometimes on 1/35 scale figures you can actually get away without any eye detail at all.

Edited by Matt P