finished , porsche 917K hippie car 1/8

it's 1/8 scale , mostly 3d printed , body was resin printed , but in a very bad way , compleetly deformed , broken in pieces , so i had to rework the whole body , strengthen it , and shape it back to the correct shape

the wheels  and tires where printed in pla material, and a lot of small bits as well , the compleet rear end , including gearbox , exhaust , rear tube frame , and so on are all scratchbuild from styreen card and tube ,

interiour is mostly handmade , all flocked in the correct color , , some parts , like the hearlights and brakedisks, and axles are aluminium and brass ,

paintscheme took over 3 weeks to tape off and paint in several stages ,

decals where specialy made for this model

and the display case was specialy made for this one ,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

the body was printed by someone  i know ,  the printer was that big that it could print the body in 1 go ,

but with removing it from the buildplate it was damaged , and after that in shipping even more , as resin is very brittle , and can not stand any heat  than it will deform

so it took me a fair bit of time to repair it and  straighten it out , but it came out good if i say so myself 🙂

I would agree that it came out good! Scale, proportion and finish of the body all look perfect.

I was recently given a PLA 3D printer as a gift and I would say the resolution is too low to use at 1/20 - 1/24th scale but I think the bigger scales can be a bit more forgiving - you just need more print area. I've been looking at the resin printers to try out for some smaller scale pieces.

Did you vacuform the windshield? It looks fantastic.

Martin.

Wow!  That is awesome!

By the description, the origins of this build sound like the next generation of scale modelling endeavour.

I'll stick with the kits (of which I have more than enough) but this really looks like the future, after I'm gone!

Amazing!

:clap:

That is superb, The 917K is pretty much my favourite Le Mans style racer, I've 1/32 & 1/24 kits to contend with one day. I can't imagine a 1/8 model, especially with what you had to contend with but the result is fantastic. :thumbsup: