This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Seahawk

Dave Coley's Emporium: anyone used?

Does anyone have recent first-hand experience of this Essex-based trader?  I have to admit I've never heard of him before and I'm a little wary because he's still offering some items I haven't been able to source anywhere else in the UK.  No-one should infer any intention to blacken the name of an honest trader: I'm just looking before I leap so a few reassuring noises would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Yep, I've used him on a couple of occasions and everything went well. From my experience I would recommend.

Prices are good as well!!

P

I used him a month or so back. Kit arrived very quickly, courtesy slip, free pen, would use again 👍

I bought an Arma Hurricane from him a while back which was exceptionally low priced and arrived quickly. I'll certainly be buying from him again.

Bought a Heller Mirage lV and a Meng Models Magach 6B from him.  Fast service, no problems, I'll be buying from him again as well.

I have bought models from Dave too and his prices are often low. Most recent purchase was the Hobbyboss 1/72 "Dora" Railway Gun two weeks ago. Good price, quick service (arrived 3 days after purchase). No problems at all. I also have a freebee Dave Coley's Emporium pen sitting on my desk right now.

Dave

Okay, folks: I think I am reassured.  Maybe the positive feedback in this thread will do him some good.  Thanks, everyone.

11 minutes ago, Seahawk said:

Okay, folks: I think I am reassured.  Maybe the positive feedback in this thread will do him some good.  Thanks, everyone.

I have bought kits from Dave Coley, firstly through ebay and after that went well I used his site: www.davecoleysemporium.co.uk, again a first class service and an Airfix Shackleton at a great price. I can only say good things of his service and recommend him to other modellers.

I've bought a few car kits, all turned up really quickly and were exactly as described. A good seller.

If this is the bloke in Southend, he's excellent. Him and I got into trouble with E-bay because I went to his address to pick up a kit. They wanted him to mail it to me (so that they can get a percentage of the postage), when he lived less than half a mile away. Numbnuts! Anyway, I picked up a Miniart kit that normally retails for more than £40, for £30. His place is a mini Aladdin's cave.

John.

I ordered the Modelsvit P-51H (which was an excellent price) and had similarly good service. All arrived fine with a free pen and sprue cutter (I think he was running a free gift promo at the time). Like the OP I was a bit nervous, having never heard of this trader before and being burned by Final Touch/Ess Jay Models back in the day (also hailed from Essex, I think). Dave Coley's prices are very good and I will keep an eye on his stock in future.

Jon