French Fancy 2 GB - Poll Closed and the results are in!!

Wez

2 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

Qui, moi sil vous plait

id Build a French airforce Rafale  

Bienvenue!

An Adl'A Rafale would be extremely welcome.

Some great schemes on Rafale's especially tiger schemes.

Anyone else want to join us?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Wez said:

An Adl'A Rafale would be extremely welcome

That’s exactly what I will be going for, but couldn’t spell it. I’ve done an M but the Adl’A one or two seat version Operation Harmattan 

Aeronavale flew Seafires post war and I've got a lot of Seafires in the stash and at least one has a French option in the markings. You can ever have too many Seafires. Count m in.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, John D.C. Masters said:

If I were still imbibing alcohol I could have my Slovenian bartender friend mix me a French 75 in an Austrian crystal glass and drink it with my Irish friends on the shores of the blue Aegean...😁

... Whilst smoking a Gauloise and listening to Edith Piaf and Jacques Brel on the grama phone?

OK, I know Jacques Brel is Belgian, but he sang in French.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, 825 said:

Aeronavale flew Seafires post war and I've got a lot of Seafires in the stash and at least one has a French option in the markings. You can ever have too many Seafires. Count m in.  

I agree, a Seafire is always welcome in any form, it'll be interesting to see it in different colours.

Thanks for signing up.

2 hours ago, SoftScience said:

I'll build anything French. 

Does the NCC-1701-D count, since Jean Luc Picard? ;)

No really. I got renault and somua and char I kits up the wazoo. I'd be happy to participate

🤨

You could build a figure of Jean Luc Picard ?

Otherwise the Renault, Somua and the Char would all be very welcome and it's good to have some variety.

Thanks for signing up.

18 hours ago, 825 said:

Aeronavale flew Seafires post war and I've got a lot of Seafires in the stash and at least one has a French option in the markings.

With the forthcoming Airfix Spitfire Vc, I hope to convert one to a Spitfire L.III in the future, I've had the ModelArt decals for such a conversion for many, many years!

This is a good example of foreign equipment being used by the French especially immediately post war when they used a lot of what was available including IIRC Panther tanks.

I'm sure there's plenty more of you out there who would like to join in with this wide ranging GB?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Weekend bump!

Any more takers for this one?

Basically, you can build anything French used by the French in France or anywhere in the world by anyone else, so for instance, if your first car was a Citröen 2CV you drove around the foothills of the Andes, it's eligible.  Likewise, if you wanted to build a Mirage F.1AZ used by Gabon, that too would be fine.

Also if you wanted to build anything made elsewhere but used in France, guess what, that's in too!  A Sherman tank used by Free French Forces, a Lockheed Constellation used by Air France for instance, they too would be eligible.

French units within other countries services are fine too, such as the Normandie-Niemen group fighting alongside the Russians on the Eastern Front would be allowed.

If it was made in France, used in France or by the French, on land, sea or in the air it would be welcome no matter what the subject, you would just have to prove the French connection (e.g French markings).

• Like 1

There's 33 of us signed up so far but I'm sure there's plenty more of you out there that have something of a Gallic flavour in your stash just looking for an excuse to build it - this could be your chance!

Come and join us for 2021!

24 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

I think I should be able to find something with a Gallic flavour to tinker with!

Good man, well done and thanks for signing up.

Any more want to join us?

• 2 weeks later...

Time for another push on this one, search the stash and the decal banks guys, I'm sure you've got something that would fit the bill for this GB.

Come and join us, you'd be very welcome.

Weekend push drumming up extra members for this GB.

If it's French, it's in.

If it's French made it's in (doesn't matter whose markings it's in).

If it was used by the French, it's in!

Land, sea, air or space, all are welcome.

Come and join us!

18 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

I'll give it a bash, Wez ;)

Good man!  That will be interesting.

Anybody else want to join, the rules are simple:

If it's French, it's in.

Come and join us!

Having rounded up most of the usual subjects, there's always a few stragglers and following the example set by another GB proposer (you know who you are), I've decided to put a call out to all those of you current contributors who joined the first round of this GB five years ago.

You know the routine...

...If it's French, it's in.

Come and join us, you know you'll have fun!

So this is a call out to

@PaulT 876 @SAU @Mark @Caerbannog @Andrew @Chimpion @VG 33 @Jasonb13 @Rich G @Hardtarget @JackG @Marlin @bobster @Natter @Bjorn @Marcel @Giorgio N @Stephen @Max Headroom @Kallisti @Ronan71 @Misterfriend @charlie_c67 @Stew Dapple @Blitz23 @Jb65rams @AndyC @stevehed @ForestFan @Biggles87 @Paul J @06/24 @thepureness @heloman1 @AndrewE @Alex Gordon @fatfingers @Geoff King

• Like 2

Y'all are geting a bit cheeky now.  Not so much a personal invitation to join as a direct 'put yer model where yer mouth is' challenge!  Well I bought several kits for the last French Fancy GB and I have only built three of them.  If (note: if) things go to plan I will be retiring in June 2021, so if this makes it to the latter half of 2021 I'm in.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, fatfingers said:

Aye up Wez.

Go on then. Sign me up for this one and hopefully i'll actually finish the build unlike the last one! 

Regards,

Steve

Welcome Steve, hopefully I'll finish the build for this one too!

5 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

Pourrait aussi bien alors

.......as they say in google translate. And I apologise to all Francophones

Treveur

Ah!  Monsieur Treveur

Vous parlez français ?

Bienvenue!

Thanks to both of you for signing up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Natter said:

Y'all are geting a bit cheeky now.  Not so much a personal invitation to join as a direct 'put yer model where yer mouth is' challenge!  Well I bought several kits for the last French Fancy GB and I have only built three of them.  If (note: if) things go to plan I will be retiring in June 2021, so if this makes it to the latter half of 2021 I'm in.

I'm sure I don't know what you mean Dave :whistle:

I'll put you on the list and hope your plans come to fruition, sadly I'm a long way away from retirement :(

Thanks for signing up, you'll be glad you did!