French Fancy 2 GB - Poll Closed and the results are in!!

Wez

14 hours ago, TonyOD said:

I'd like to do this one please! I'm carefully avoiding wartime French planes with that lovely "trois ton" camo but I might have the skills and the equipment by then...

Thanks for signing up Tony, I'm sure you will have acquired the skills by then but it's more about having a go anyway.

Remember to vote for this one in next month's bunfight (same goes for of the rest of of you).

Anyone else want to sign up for this one?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Having becoming absorbed in the Heller Classic GB over the past couple of weeks, I've slightly neglected this one so now is the time to give it a bump and to remind those that have already signed up that the annual bunfight will start at 0001hrs on the 1st of November and I'm sure we can count on your vote.

If you haven't signed up there's still plenty of time, the rules are simple:

Land, sea, air or space - all welcome!

Made in France - welcome.

Made in France but used elsewhere - welcome.

Made elsewhere but used by the French - welcome.

In French markings - welcome.

• Like 2

On 14/10/2020 at 09:18, Wez said:

If you haven't signed up there's still plenty of time, the rules are simple:

So...   kind of a niche subject then...   :rofl:  

16 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

So...   kind of a niche subject then...   :rofl:  

Oui!  Très spécifique, n'est ce pas?

Right gang!  It's come to my attention that the annual GB Poll originally known as the Bunfight but often called the Bumfight these days, will be open here soon - FOLLOW THIS LINKY

Now as there are 69 of us signed up for this, we should be seeing at least 69 votes at the end of the Bumfight, naturally, I'm hoping for more, but you don't want me turning up to persuade you do you now??? :fight:

• Like 1

So, while I've been on BM for 9 years, and done a good few GBs, I've never been involved with the bun fight.

Am I right in thinking that while we have 9 votes, we can only vote once for any particular GB? And I assume that the best way to tactically vote is to only vote for this GB and no other?

1 minute ago, Jasonb13 said:

So, while I've been on BM for 9 years, and done a good few GBs, I've never been involved with the bun fight.

Am I right in thinking that while we have 9 votes, we can only vote once for any particular GB? And I assume that the best way to tactically vote is to only vote for this GB and no other?

So you can't use all 9 of your votes for the French Fancy 2 GB (mores a pity), so you have to use them tactically!

Personally, I vote for the half a dozen that I like and switch the rest of them to meddle things up a bit :whistle:

• Like 1

Well, for me the most important GB is this one, as this is the one I have a kit for! I tend not to keep a stash as such (I currently own 4 kits). I'd be worried that if I vote for another one as well, that one could win instead!

I might vote for this GB early and then leave the rest of my votes 'til near the end of the month to vote for other GBs I'd like, as long as it doesn't put this one at risk!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jasonb13 said:

Well, for me the most important GB is this one, as this is the one I have a kit for! I tend not to keep a stash as such (I currently own 4 kits). I'd be worried that if I vote for another one as well, that one could win instead!

I might vote for this GB early and then leave the rest of my votes 'til near the end of the month to vote for other GBs I'd like, as long as it doesn't put this one at risk!

That's the way to do it!

Quite why you'd want to vote for any other GB is beyond me?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jasonb13 said:

You can change your 9 votes throughout the entire voting window...hence the tactical part of it.  Suppose there are 10 GBs you like, so you vote for your 9 favorites.  A week into it one of your favorites is far and away in the lead...so then maybe you pull your one vote from the far and away in front one and move it to another you are interested in but is a bit lacking in support.  It can get pretty crazy watching stuff swing around once we get to the last few days.  Poor @trickyrich is probably going to wind up with an aneurism trying to keep his spreadsheets up to date on the latest stats.  It's a grand ole time.  :coolio:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Jasonb13 said:

Cool, I didn't know you can change your votes!

For every vote other than for the French Fancy 2!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Jasonb13 said:

In my case I need vote for the three builds ive put forward( British armor, Racers/Showoffs, and ANZAC) the other six votes will be for builds I would love to see move forward. 

3 hours ago, helios16v said:

Suppose there are 10 GBs you like, so you vote for your 9 favorites.  A week into it one of your favorites is far and away in the lead...so then maybe you pull your one vote from the far and away in front one and move it to another you are interested in but is a bit lacking in support.  It can get pretty crazy watching stuff swing around once we get to the last few days.  Poor @trickyrich is probably going to wind up with an aneurism trying to keep his spreadsheets up to date on the latest stats.  It's a grand ole time.  :coolio:

Its a bit like watching horses race and trying to will your favorite to win 

1 hour ago, Jasonb13 said:

On a different note, is there a separate Bunfight for STGBs?

No bunfights for STGBs.  Single-types get an automatic entry at the end of the que once they achieve the prerequisite numbers.  2021 is already pretty much booked for STs.  Lots of good one too (to me anyways).  Gonna be a busy year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jasonb13 said:

Cool, anywhere I can find the list of STGBs for 2021? Had a quick look and can't see it.

There's a combined GB/STGB list for 2020 going into 2021 and is here, the list for 2021 proper will I guess, be published after the bunfight poll has closed and the dates for the successful GB's allocated.  You could in the meantime scroll through the listings here and see if anything interests you (may I recommend the Texan/Harvard STGB for instance).

• Like 2

Not yet.  They will eventually be added to the 2021 calendar after the bunfight.  If you scroll through the "Future Groupbuilds" sub-forum.  

Remaining 2020 GBs can be found here.  https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235064218-2020-gb-and-stgb-calendar/

And @Wez beat me to it!  :bleh:

• Like 1

Thanks for that info.

Is it just me, or does the Future GB thread seem to have about 15 or so threads since 2019, and then nothing since 2015? It looks like lots of stuff is missing, I mean isn't there something like 27 entries in the vote, where are all their threads?

1 hour ago, Jasonb13 said:

Thanks for that info.

Is it just me, or does the Future GB thread seem to have about 15 or so threads since 2019, and then nothing since 2015? It looks like lots of stuff is missing, I mean isn't there something like 27 entries in the vote, where are all their threads?

Once the GB gets voted through the bunfight, its chat thread moves into the Future GBs forum.  When the GB starts, the same chat thread moves into the relevant GB forum.

What you see in the Future GBs forum is actual GBs which have a confirmed date.   The one in the bunfight are still in the GB Chat forum. 

All the earlier ones are from when GB moderation was under different management.

• 2 weeks later...

Right folks, the annual bunfight to select the Group Builds for next year opens on the 1st of November, this well supported GB needs your votes, please don't assume that just signing up is enough!

You can vote here from Sunday onwards.

There's still plenty of room for more to join by the way.

The rules are simple...