French Fancy 2 GB - Poll Closed and the results are in!!

Wez

3 hours ago, helios16v said:

I'll keep an eye on this pending timing (assuming it clears the bumfight).  I've got a couple Mirages in the stash yet as well as a Bugatti EB110 and a Toyota GT-One that competed @ Lemans.

So are you in or are you out Chris?  We wouldn't want you to get any splinters from that fence you're sitting on...:whistle:

Edited by Wez
  • Haha 2

Weekend bump for this one, any more takers?

It's a wide and varied GB, open to anything on land, at sea, in the air and beyond as long as it was French made or used by the French or wore French colours, all are welcome!

I have to offer my apologies for not having joined earlier... I see that now the proposal has quite a lot of support so my name is not needed anymore... however it's a yes from me ! Several subjects in the stash are waiting to be built !

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

I have to offer my apologies for not having joined earlier... I see that now the proposal has quite a lot of support so my name is not needed anymore... however it's a yes from me ! Several subjects in the stash are waiting to be built !

Giorgio,

Very pleased to see you here, welcome along and thanks for signing up.

You may not think your name is needed but I've added you to the list, every name is important come the bunfight and the list serves as a useful reminder that you signed up.

Plenty of room for more, come and join us.

• Like 1

Ian,

Many thanks and welcome, your rally cars will be very welcome, we had quite a few cars in the original French Fancy GB.

Room for more, come and join us!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Regular weekend bump for this one.

Anything French, French made (doesn't have to be in French markings), anything in French markings, anything used by the French...   ...it's in!

Come and join us.

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Marcin Kaminski said:

Zut alors,

as half of my stash qualifies for this it would be a folly not to join.

Thank you for signing up Marcin, sounds like you'll have plenty to choose from.

36 minutes ago, Jasonb13 said:

Just a stupid question as I'm not too familiar with the Bun Fight system! When will we find out if this GB is going ahead? Is there a vote we get involved with?

Not a stupid question.

For a group build to get into the bunfight it needs to have 30 would be participants.

The poll or bunfight happens in November, we get to vote for our favourite six group builds, the top seven (I think), go through.

So as you've signed up for this GB, naturally we can rely on your vote come the bunfight :fight:, there's no pressure, just sayin' right!

We have 58 now but there's always room for more in this wide ranging GB.

Edited by Wez
  • Like 1

Hmmm, might be an excuse to build my Antares conversion for the Heinkel 177 to the He 274. An interesting high altitude bomber ‘overrun’ by the French when they took back their own airfield and the aircraft was left. The French completed it and flew it - even piggybacked experimental aircraft for aerodynamic testing. Hmmmm !!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Adrian Hills said:

Hmmm, might be an excuse to build my Antares conversion for the Heinkel 177 to the He 274. An interesting high altitude bomber ‘overrun’ by the French when they took back their own airfield and the aircraft was left. The French completed it and flew it - even piggybacked experimental aircraft for aerodynamic testing. Hmmmm !!

Sounds like a qualifier to me Adrian, welcome along and thanks for signing up.

16 minutes ago, TonyW said:

Count me in. Probably a Heller kit of some sort.

Tony.

Good man Tony, welcome aboard and thanks for signing up

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't given this one a bump for a while.

This is open to anything French, French made (doesn't have to be in French markings), anything in French markings, anything used by the French.  Land, sea, air or space, all welcome.

Plenty of room for more to sign up.

52 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Bonjour from me!

Is this you signing up again Steve?

You're welcome to make as many models as you like but you only need to sign up once.

Midweek punt for this GB, it's a wide and varied GB, open to anything on land, at sea, in the air and beyond as long as it was French made or used by the French or wore French colours, all are welcome!

So if you have a captured Char B wearing German markings, it would be eligible, a Richlieu - eligible, the Renault 4 you learnt to drive in around the Scottish Highlands - eligible, any Mirage used anywhere - eligible, a Grumman Avenger used serving with the Aeronavale in Tunisia - eligible; a French Foreign Legion soldier - eligible.

I'm sure you get the drift and I'm sure that something that interests you will fit the bill.

Come and join us in 2021!

• 3 weeks later...

Another weekend push for this one, anything French (regardless of user), anything used by the French, anything in French colours/markings, land, sea, air or space, all welcome.

• Like 1

Regular weekend bump for this one.

Land, sea, air or space - all welcome!

Made in France - welcome.

Made in France but used elsewhere - welcome.

Made elsewhere but used by the French - welcome.

In French markings - welcome.

You get the drift, come and joins us.

• Like 1

Hi Wez

You could try looking at various French builds here on BM, Aircraft section "WIP and Ready for Inspection" a must and whilst admiring someone else's work casually drop in a reference to this GB to encourage people to build a simular subject in the GB....

I might have done this for the Frog Squad GB 😉

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

Just now, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Wez

You could try looking at various French builds here on BM, Aircraft section "WIP and Ready for Inspection" a must and whilst admiring someone else's work casually drop in a reference to this GB to encourage people to build a simular subject in the GB....

I might have done this for the Frog Squad GB 😉

Cheers Pat

I like the cut of your jib Pat, I don't often go over to the RFI section, I only ever spot stuff if it comes up in New Content but I think I might have to change my habits and offer some encouragement and enticement to join this GB if you know what I mean :fight:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Wez said:

I like the cut of your jib Pat, I don't often go over to the RFI section, I only ever spot stuff if it comes up in New Content but I think I might have to change my habits and offer some encouragement and enticement to join this GB if you know what I mean :fight:

Absolutely I get to play bad cop most of the time on GBs.......and at work when I think about it !

• Haha 1