French Fancy 2 GB - Poll Closed and the results are in!!

Wez

10 minutes ago, Wez said:

Right, the additional two polls can be found in a GB Poll Sub-Forum just here!

Thanks to @Enzo Matrix for sorting that out.

Now in the words of the great Steve Earle "If you don't vote, don't bitch!" so go and vote!

Did someone opt out of the poll? There's at least one missing from the early aircraft - @TonyOD's Potez 540

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Did someone opt out of the poll? There's at least one missing from the early aircraft - @TonyOD's Potez 540

No, that will be anotre grand coq-up, I'll sort it out

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Wez said:

No, that will be anotre grand coq-up, I'll sort it out

Sorted, apologies to Tony, if anyone else is missing from the polls let me know.

• Thanks 1

On 11/24/2021 at 9:49 PM, Wez said:

Apologies to MsModeller for missing their build off of the poll, I'm having one of those weeks :banghead:

And my apologies for missing this entire Group build ... and a whole lot of others. I don't want to go into the reasons, other to say that a number of factors conspired to keep modelling on the back burner for the last few months. Even so, I did try to build 4 kits (which was down on the 6 I originally planned), but there was never any chance of them being completed on time. Actually, even if I'd just attempted 2, I'd probably still have failed to complete any by the gallery deadline. C'est la vie, as they say in a certain country.

In case anyone is wondering, all 4 were in Heller boxes:

Dassault Mirage 2000N

Dassault Mirage F1C (Airfix tooling)

Fouga Magister

SA.342M Gazelle (Airfix tooling w/ extra parts)

I will still complete them, and I do have photos to give an idea of how they progressed (or are progressing, to be exact). Let's just say I hope to have them all finished by the end if the year. I won't be putting them through the KUTA GB, which as I recall is kind of frowned upon anyway.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, klr said:

And my apologies for missing this entire Group build ... and a whole lot of others. I don't want to go into the reasons, other to say that a number of factors conspired to keep modelling on the back burner for the last few months.

Life has a habit of doing those things and it's more important to deal with those issues rather than devote them to a hobby.  Hope you can get back to modelling soon.

In the meantime there are the polls, three of 'em, one for non-aircraft, one for aircraft up to 1947 and the last for aircraft from 1947 onwards.  Go and vote!

On 29/11/2021 at 16:36, Wez said:

In the meantime there are the polls, three of 'em, one for non-aircraft, one for aircraft up to 1947 and the last for aircraft from 1947 onwards.  Go and vote!

Just a reminder on the poll, it closes at midnight on the 5th December and I'm sure all of those that completed their builds would appreciate your votes so please make the effort and show your appreciation,

Thank you.

On 29/11/2021 at 16:36, Wez said:

Life has a habit of doing those things and it's more important to deal with those issues rather than devote them to a hobby.  Hope you can get back to modelling soon.

I can find the 2 aircraft polls but not the non-aircraft one. Is it because I is a rigger or am I not looking in the right place?

9 minutes ago, Jabba said:

I can find the 2 aircraft polls but not the non-aircraft one. Is it because I is a rigger or am I not looking in the right place?

Jabba, as much as I'd love to say it's because you're a Rigger but unfortunately, this time that's not the case and the truth is, you're not looking in the right place.

The non-aircraft poll can be found in the gallery, this is because in true Fairy fashion, I decided to complicate matters by having three polls.

• Haha 2

Everybody, today is your last chance to vote in this GB.

There are three polls:

The non-aircraft builds - the poll for this can be found in the gallery

Aircraft up until 1947

Aircraft from 1947

The polls for these latter two are separate to the gallery.

All polls can be accessed via this link

Please go and show your appreciation for your favourite build

• Like 1

• Wez changed the title to French Fancy 2 GB - Poll Closed and the results are in!!

The French Fancy 2 GB poll has closed and the results are in!

Firstly, thanks to all who participated and especially those who managed to get entries into the gallery and thus into the poll.

Thanks too to all of those that voted.

As you know, there were three polls, non-aircraft, all aircraft to 1947 and all aircraft post 1947.  The winners in the respective categories are:

Non Aircraft: @Bertie Psmith with his Renault Taxi de la Marne

All aircraft up to 1947: @Heather Kay with her Breguet Br.693AB2

All aircraft 1947 onwards: modelling minion with his Curtiss SB2C-5 Helldiver

Please join me in congratulating the three individual poll winners.

The overall winner with the most votes is...   ...doff caps, tug forelocks, curtsey or bow whatever is your preference to (drumroll)...   ...Bertie Psmith - well done sir!  There's no prize, just a warm, self satisfied glow!

• Like 14

Congrats @Bertie Psmith! Splendid build, sir!

Well, thanks for the votes folks. This morning I woke to a joint second place in the High Wing GB, and now I’ve got a distinction and I guess joint second place in this GB. I think I should retire gracefully while I’m ahead! :giggle:

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Yes, congratulations Bertie,  @Bertie Psmithon an excellent build, a deserved winner.👍

And well done Heather @Heather Kay , another excellent model.

A big thank you to Wez for hosting what was another very enjoyable and informative GB, and thanks also to all of you who voted for my Helldiver, I was very surprised to have come joint second with so many excellent models in the gallery.

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Ned said:

Congratulations all around, to the builders and the organisers.

Next time I'll build a ship, and win automatically :)

It'll go in the non-aircraft category with the cars, tanks figures etc - don't think that we're not wise to your cunning plan!

Just looked in on this, congratulation to the worthy winners and especially to @Bertie Psmith AKA Joe Le Taxi, whose entry is a little work of art!

I was shocked and humbled to receive some votes for my little Potez, made me feel I might finally be getting somewhere in this game. Then I came across this WIP of the same kit, same scheme on the Heller Forever Facebook page, it quickly knocked any disillusions of adequacy out of me! 😂

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, TonyOD said:

Just looked in on this, congratulation to the worthy winners and especially to @Bertie Psmith AKA Joe Le Taxi, whose entry is a little work of art!

I was shocked and humbled to receive some votes for my little Potez, made me feel I might finally be getting somewhere in this game. Then I came across this WIP of the same kit, same scheme on the Heller Forever Facebook page, it quickly knocked any disillusions of adequacy out of me! 😂

This hobby in general is no competition.. do not get frustrated by the seemingly better builds of others - learn from them and adjust yo your endeavours ;)

Finishing domething  and more so in time is a quality oc it's own! and if others like it even better ;)

Cheers, Werner

• Like 1