French Fancy 2 GB - Poll Closed and the results are in!!

Wez

The dust hasn't settled from this year's GB bunfight yet but I believe now is the time to propose a new GB for 2021!

A few years ago I ran (with a lot of help - thanks guys), a successful GB called French Fancy.

Basically, it allowed you to build anything French used by the French in France or anywhere in the world by anyone else, so for instance, if your first car was a Citröen 2CV you drove around the foothills of the Andes, it's eligible.  Likewise, if you wanted to build a Mirage F.1AZ used by Gabon, that too would be fine.

Also if you wanted to build anything made elsewhere but used in France, guess what, that's in too!  A Sherman tank used by Free French Forces, a Lockheed Constellation used by Air France for instance, they too would be eligible.

French units within other countries services are fine too, such as the Normandie-Niemen group fighting alongside the Russians on the Eastern Front would be allowed.

If it was made in France, used in France or by the French, on land, sea or in the air it would be welcome no matter what the subject, you would just have to prove the French connection (e.g French markings).

So who is up for this?

1.  Wez (host)

2.  Zebra

3.  Desert Falcon

4.  TEMPESTMK5

5.  franky boy

6.  Jinxman

7.  modelling minion

8.  JOCKNEY (Co-Host)

9.  Robert Stuart

10. Col.

11. CliffB

12. Jean

13. Ernie

14. Angus Tura

15. theplasticsurgeon

16. Jabba

17. exdraken

18. Mig Eater

19. PlaStix

20. Paul Bradley

21. Arniec

22. johnd

23. JosephLalor

24. Basilisk

25. vppelt68

26. Rabbit Leader

27. TonyW

28. Romeo Alpha Yankee

29. Pin

30. John D.C.Masters

31. Valkyrie

32. 825

33. SoftScience

34. stevej60

35. RidgeRunner

36. fatfingers

37. Max Headroom

38. Natter

39. Biggles87

40. Bjorn

41. charlie_c67

42. Graeme H...   ...RIP

43. Rich G

44. Marlin

45. Beazer

46. Mark

47. Misterfriend

48. klr

49. stevehed

50. DaveJL

51. Jasonb13 (Co-Host)

52. Corsairfoxfouruncle (Co-Host)

53. Marcel

54. Jean

55. Geoff King

56. Giorgio N

57. Redstaff

58. Marcin Kaminski

59. Adrian Hills

60. TonyW

61. Dean Whiston

62. helios16v

63. JWM

64. AntoineG

65. Jur

66. Rob S

67. Heather Kay

68. CYA

69. TonyOD

70. Marklo

71.The Rib Man

72. JohnT

73. Tim R-T-C

74. bianfuxia

75. Ray S

76. JB65rams

77. Ned

78. wellzy

79. fightersweep

80. Evil_Toast_RSA

81. worcesterjohn

82. TimJ

83. VG33

84. Richard Tucker

85. HobbyPaul

86. Tim_DEFR

87. PeterB

88. drdjp11

89. diases

90. ModelingEdmontonian

91. Mjoo

92. DaveyGair

93. MsModeller

94. sardaukar

95. Grandboof

96. Averada

97. DaveK72

98...???

• Like 4

Just now, zebra said:

The French have made some lovely (and some not so lovely but still distinctive) aeroplanes so count me in. 

Too true, it's hard to believe the same country that was responsible for the lovely Mirage family of jets also mad the Loire 130, the product of a mènage a trois between a boat, an aeroplane and a bus shelter!

I'll start a list.

Bienvenue!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, desert falcon said:

I saw (and not least heard) a Rafale from armée de l'air at the Dubai Air Show a couple of weeks back. Would be a perfect reference aircraft for this GB, so you are welcome to put me on the list please.

Many thanks

Johnny b 

Johnny, a very good reason, your name will be added to the list thank you.

14 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good evening Wez

Very good idea please count me in ..

Patrice

Patrice,

Bienvenue, I hoped I could rely on you, also added!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, franky boy said:

Put me down for this one please Wez.

I thoroughly enjoyed the first one, was it 2015? My Spitfire still has pride of place in the cabinet.

James

33 minutes ago, Jinxman said:

Being a confirmed fan of many things French please count me in - so much choice of things with design flair and purpose!

26 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Definitely up for this one Wez, I really enjoyed the first one and there are so many excellent subjects to choose from.

2 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Please add me to the list, ive some uniquely French aircraft from Heller which would be ideal for this GB.

Cheers Pat 

Welcome one, welcome all, hopefully we can have fun with this one.

Anyone else?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can i nominate @jeanto join this GB , he is after all a genuine Frenchman currently fighting an ancient kit of a French aircraft left over from the Frog Squad GB.

I could casually add that he is also building a chateaux in deepest darkest Africa, but that would be just showing off !

Cheers Pat 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

Moi aussi

Lots of possibilities - lots

9 hours ago, Col. said:

Yes please! Always thought the French roundel looked good on many aircraft so have a few options in the stash :) 

18 minutes ago, CliffB said:

Yes please Wez.

I'll still have plenty of 1/100 french stuff left, even after the Heller GB!

Cheers

Cliff

Welcome to you three, thanks for signing up.

9 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Can i nominate @jeanto join this GB , he is after all a genuine Frenchman currently fighting an ancient kit of a French aircraft left over from the Frog Squad GB.

I could casually add that he is also building a chateaux in deepest darkest Africa, but that would be just showing off !

Cheers Pat 

Pat,

@jean would be very welcome but he has to nominate himself, if he can tear himself away from château building (no pressure Jean).

Anyone else interested?  Plenty of scope for all manner of subject matter in this one!

• Like 1

Hi Wez,

having a figurative revolver to my head, held by the ruthless and calculating hand of @JOCKNEY I do bow to this modelling blackmail and join the list for this GB!

By 2021 I should have received my new electric Zimmer frame, so I should be more mobile.

I am only too happy to tear myself away from Chateau building, so no pressure at all!

So count me in! Not sure what I have left that is French, though. Will have to have a look around...

Cheers

JR

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, jean said:

having a figurative revolver to my head, held by the ruthless and calculating hand of @JOCKNEY I do bow to this modelling blackmail and join the list for this GB!

Bienvenue Jean!

Yes, that Jockney is a cunning and Machiavellian individual, I sometimes wonder whether he has a shiny red coat and a big bushy tail...   ...Pat is a good name for a fox.

Room for more inside, come and join us!

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, jean said:

Hi Wez,

By 2021 I should have received my new electric Zimmer frame, so I should be more mobile.

I am only too happy to tear myself away from Chateau building, so no pressure at all!

So count me in! Not sure what I have left that is French, though. Will have to have a look around...

Cheers

JR

Relax everyone 

I'm confident@jean will find something appropriate in his Christmas stocking, no doubt with Scottish stamps on the wrapping !

Cheers Pat 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

Two genuine Frenchmen in my stash, Etendard and Atlantique.

These two would be very welcome.

1 hour ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

Now a question - are Airbus and other collaborations eligable?

Airbus A400M Atlas, and Concorde lurking in my stash.

With collaborations, IIRC, last time we allowed collaborations where there was a clear French link, Concorde and the Alpha Jet being clear examples.  With the Jaguar we only allowed French versions as there wasn't a clear enough French connection otherwise.  I think this also applies to the Airbus products, whilst final assembly takes place in France, they are the product of multi-national production of sub-components so an Airbus in itself would not be allowed but  obviously, one flown by a French operator would.

At the end of the day, the onus is on the modeller to demonstrate a clear and distinctive French link.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

Two genuine Frenchmen in my stash, Etendard and Atlantique.

Do I take it you're interested?

11 hours ago, Ernie said:

Please add me in, I am sure I can find a coupe suitable kits! 

Welcome along Ernie.

Plenty of room for more to join, land, sea or air, figures to submarines, AFVs to mopeds, trains to motorcycyles, trucks to helicopters, cars to ships, aeroplanes to sci-fi, if it has a French theme it's welcome!