French Fancy 2 GB - Poll Closed and the results are in!!

Wez

7 hours ago, Basilisk said:

Yes me! Lots of French stuff in the stash.

Cheers, Peter

Welcome along Peter, thank you for signing up.

7 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

If I'm ever going do build a Morane-Saulnier 406, it should be in this GB, n'est ce pas?

Does that mean you're in?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Aren't all Heller kits of any subjects eligible? V-P

I catch your drift with this but no, only if it's a French subject or in French markings.

You have of course signed up for the Classic Heller GB so you could make what you wanted in that!

• Like 1

Just now, vppelt68 said:

Oui, but not with the M.S 406 as it will have its own STGB.

I have 9 Heller kits to choose from, so I'm prepared for the Classic GB too!

V-P

Then welcome along.

Any more out there want to join this one, there's plenty of subject matter to choose from and for once, this GB is not all about aircraft!

On 15/12/2019 at 18:10, vppelt68 said:

Oui, but not with the M.S 406 as it will have its own STGB.

I have 9 Heller kits to choose from, so I'm prepared for the Classic GB too!

V-P

Finnish markings by any chance V-P ?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Was the M.S 406 ever put to proper use in a real war by anyone else, or just in a phony one :winkgrin:?

I'm pretty sure the French themselves during the Vichy French skirmishes with the Allies, obviously not to the extent the Finnish used them but in actual combat nonetheless.

Interesting subject though and very welcome.

Anyone else up for this one?

Apologies I’ve somehow missed this GB proposal, however having now been completely consumed with Scandinavian modelling subjects I can see myself having a somewhat French craving when this GB rolls around. Best add my name to the list @Wez, plus it looks as if the usual oddball Group Builders will be taking part, so I’d better join them! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Apologies I’ve somehow missed this GB proposal, however having now been completely consumed with Scandinavian modelling subjects I can see myself having a somewhat French craving when this GB rolls around. Best add my name to the list @Wez, plus it looks as if the usual oddball Group Builders will be taking part, so I’d better join them! 

Cheers.. Dave 

Dave,

Your name has been added to the list which, as you rightly point out, contains a number of the usual suspects.  Thanks for signing up.

Any more for any more?  Plenty of room inside and plenty of choice in this GB for you whether you like aircraft, AFVs, car, ships, submarines, figures...etc, etc.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TonyW said:

I doubt I'll get all my Heller builders done for the Heller GB, I tend to overestimate what I'm capable of, so this GB looks like the perfect safety net! Count me in.

Tony.

Sorry Tony, missed you there, thanks for signing up and welcome.

3 minutes ago, Wez said:

Any more for any more?  Plenty of room inside and plenty of choice in this GB for you whether you like aircraft, AFVs, car, ships, submarines, figures...etc, etc.

What he said!

• Like 1

Shameless weekend push for this one, plenty of choice in all genres.

If you've always felt that GBs are too exclusive for what you model then this could be the one for you, it's very inclusive whether you make figures, space, AFVs, cars, motorcycles, ships, trucks, submarines and yes, even aircraft.  If it was French made or wore French markings it's welcome.  Come and join us!

Edited by Wez

Brazen Christmas Eve push for this one...   ...search your stashes, search your decal banks, search deep into the well of your souls, I'm sure you've got something that would fit the bill for this one.

1 hour ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

OK, I'll join. plenty of Dassault's equipment in my stash.

Hopefully I will actually finish something this time

Bienvenue Ray!

I predict you will find something to finish, glad to have you along and thanks for signing up.

I'm sure there's more of you out there like Ray with something French or that wore French markings out there, come and join us.

• Like 1

Hi @Wez

Just a thought but as Heller did lots of vehicles and boat kits, why not put a post on the relevant section of BM with a link back to this GB to try and encourage all the people who have never participated in a GB before and to widen the cross section of builds.

Vehicles - cars lorries tanks trucks etc.

Just a thought !

cheers Pat

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi @Wez

Just a thought but as Heller did lots of vehicles and boat kits, why not put a post on the relevant section of BM with a link back to this GB to try and encourage all the people who have never participated in a GB before and to widen the cross section of builds.

Just a thought !

cheers Pat

Thanks Pat, never would have thought of that, I'll do that when I've got some time.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi @Wez

Just a thought !

cheers Pat

Or a blatant post in the current Heller Chat GB thread :D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Pin said:

+1

Bienvenue...

15 minutes ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Mais oui monsieur!  Please add my name to the list!

...et merci beaucoup!

Thanks to you gentlemen we have reached the required number to go into the poll next November.

Thanks to the others wh've suggested ways of drumming up extra support, I shall be tapping into those resources in the coming days.

@Enzo Matrix here's another one for next year's poll!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Mid-week bump for this one.

Basically, it allowed you to build anything French used by the French in France or anywhere in the world by anyone else, so for instance, if your first car was a Citröen 2CV you drove around the foothills of the Andes, it's eligible.  Likewise, if you wanted to build a Mirage F.1AZ used by Gabon, that too would be fine.

Also if you wanted to build anything made elsewhere but used in France, guess what, that's in too!  A Sherman tank used by Free French Forces, a Lockheed Constellation used by Air France for instance, they too would be eligible.

French units within other countries services are fine too, such as the Normandie-Niemen group fighting alongside the Russians on the Eastern Front would be allowed.

If it was made in France, used in France or by the French, on land, sea or in the air it would be welcome no matter what the subject, you would just have to prove the French connection (e.g French markings).

• Like 1