Jump to content

French Fancy 2 GB Chat


Wez

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

Never seen or heard of this beastie. Every day is a school day at Britmodeller Comprehensive!

 

Trevor

I have others in the same series of Vanneaux :)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another impassable GB! :wall:

Have to catch up first with other stuff I guess, no?

 

But maybe a white Tiger Rafale fits the bill later?

Or a Mirage III Patrouille Regent Papa?

Let me rethink a bit :D

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mmm - I've ordered an artillery piece for this, maybe a little earlier than some other builds here.

Question: I should have a Polish Lancer (1st Regt Polish Guard Lancers) arriving about the same time
Polish might be off-putting in a French GB, but ... but, but ... Napoleon raised a regiment of Polish lancers, who formed part of the Old Guard.
Members of the regiment were part of Napoleon's personal guard when he was exiled to Elba - so the regiment was very much part of the Imperial French Army.

May I include a Polish Lancer in this GB?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

Mmm - I've ordered an artillery piece for this, maybe a little earlier than some other builds here.

 

That would be something different!

 

18 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

Question: I should have a Polish Lancer (1st Regt Polish Guard Lancers) arriving about the same time
Polish might be off-putting in a French GB, but ... but, but ... Napoleon raised a regiment of Polish lancers, who formed part of the Old Guard.
Members of the regiment were part of Napoleon's personal guard when he was exiled to Elba - so the regiment was very much part of the Imperial French Army.

May I include a Polish Lancer in this GB?

 

You'd have to prove the French link, so if the Old Guard Lancers wore a readily identifiable French uniform, that would be acceptable.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wez said:

 

That would be something different!

 

 

You'd have to prove the French link, so if the Old Guard Lancers wore a readily identifiable French uniform, that would be acceptable.

Thanks
In terms of uniform, their uniform set the style for later lancer regiments in other countries ... but they wore the usual French cockade of the day (blue centre, then red, then white), and "were treated as French soldiers and were on the French payroll." (Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_Polish_Light_Cavalry_Regiment_of_the_Imperial_Guard#Organization,_uniforms_and_armament - near ref 24)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Morning all!

 

To the French today is Fête Nationale, in Britain we refer to it as Bastille Day, in Britmodeller world it's the beginning of the French Fancy 2 Group Build.  Bienvenue tout le monde/welcome all!

 

What are you waiting for?  Crack on/Allons y!

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

Thanks
In terms of uniform, their uniform set the style for later lancer regiments in other countries ... but they wore the usual French cockade of the day (blue centre, then red, then white), and "were treated as French soldiers and were on the French payroll." (Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_Polish_Light_Cavalry_Regiment_of_the_Imperial_Guard#Organization,_uniforms_and_armament - near ref 24)

 

Yep, that's good enough for me, just remember to include the cockade...

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really pleased with the response on day one, hopefully these rather good videos by Mr Drachinifel will inspire somebody to do a ship...

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bonjour tous le monde! I'm still deciding what to build but since I still need to get the Unarmed GB out of my system I have a little time to decide. One of the things I'm thinking about is a Meteor NF.14 as used by the CEV, in 1/48. Can anyone recommend a good source of decals for postwar French roundels in 1/48 please?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Mig Eater said:

Quick question, would a French tank captured & modified by the Germans (or British) be eligible for the GB? 

 

Yes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/2/2019 at 8:21 PM, theplasticsurgeon said:

Two genuine Frenchmen in my stash, Etendard and Atlantique.

Revell-Atlantic.jpg

 

Not forgotten, and I will be joining you with this kit.        

My bench has been over capacity lately, so I want the current Bristol GB entries to be through the paintshop before starting this big beast.

 

Holding the Etendard back - it's vouched for a Dassault Bunfight bid.

 

But - with a  Model Show in the near future, and right on the doorstep - more eligable entries might well be bought.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 17/07/2021 at 02:30, zebra said:

Bonjour tous le monde! I'm still deciding what to build but since I still need to get the Unarmed GB out of my system I have a little time to decide. One of the things I'm thinking about is a Meteor NF.14 as used by the CEV, in 1/48. Can anyone recommend a good source of decals for postwar French roundels in 1/48 please?

 

 

 

Are these of any use?

 

5 hours ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

Not forgotten, and I will be joining you with this kit.        

My bench has been over capacity lately, so I want the current Bristol GB entries to be through the paintshop before starting this big beast.

 

Holding the Etendard back - it's vouched for a Dassault Bunfight bid.

 

But - with a  Model Show in the near future, and right on the doorstep - more eligable entries might well be bought.

 

Great choice, I had one of these kits once but had to admit I'd never get around to making it so I very reluctantly parted with it.  Anyway, looking forward to seeing this in the GB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you think you could build in sound? ;). The Atlantic/que is wonderful in the air with those Tynes beating their way through the air :)

 

Martin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/19/2021 at 11:57 PM, Wez said:

Thanks Wez. Not sure how I missed that one. Duly ordered - whether the build makes it onto the bench or not is another matter, I'll just have to see how I get on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just over a week into this GB and we have 49 build threads, thanks to those of you who've made a start and we're looking forward to those yet to make a start.

 

Naturally most of the threads are aircraft orientated and I'm pleased to see subjects ranging from WW.I to the present, it's great to see such variety.  Also pleasing to see are the build threads for tanks and cars, looking forward to a few more of those.

 

I'm off to the mither the ship modellers to join us, it would be great to see a Richelieu or Strasbourg (or even a Danton)

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well , I'm thinking of doing a French Navy subject. :) but its got wings. :( Will depend on how long Hattons takes to get it to me. a Heller SNCASE Mistral.

Steve

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm still keen to do a Mistral but it's looking as though it will be Armee de l'Air, I've been unable to find any references for Aeronavale operated Mistrals, the kit scheme is actually correct for a Mk 5 Vampire not a Mistral as far as I can see, searching has shown up nothing of Mistrals in Aeronavale schemes so unless someone has a reference source that confirms the dark blue scheme for a Mistral it looks like the kit scheme for a Armee de l'Air one in Algeria in the late 50s will have to do the job. :unsure:

Steve.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I'm still keen to do a Mistral but it's looking as though it will be Armee de l'Air, I've been unable to find any references for Aeronavale operated Mistrals, the kit scheme is actually correct for a Mk 5 Vampire not a Mistral as far as I can see, searching has shown up nothing of Mistrals in Aeronavale schemes so unless someone has a reference source that confirms the dark blue scheme for a Mistral it looks like the kit scheme for a Armee de l'Air one in Algeria in the late 50s will have to do the job. :unsure:

Steve.

 

Let me have a look when I get home from work, I'm sure I've seen pictures of Mistral's in the blue scheme.

 

If somebody turns up something in the meantime,  feel free to point Steve in the right direction.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am scraping my memory banks here, but I remember that when the Heller Vampire first appeared Mike McEvoy did a double review build in Scale Aircraft Modelling and also spotted this ‘faux-pas’. I think the remedy was something to do with the intakes but can’t remember what. If anyone has a SAM index and the relevant issue, the answer is there!

 

Trevor

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

More long dormant brain cells whirring. I believe the Aeronavale used single seat Vampires, not Aquilons, hence the difference in the intake lips. So if the box contains Vampire intakes, you’re good to go.

 

Trevor

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...