French Fancy 2 GB - Poll Closed and the results are in!!

Wez

I’m in, with this one…

51295932547_7515711841_b.jpg

…and possibly this one

51297389464_6e6895b830_b.jpg

I might be a couple of weeks late starting but I’ve got a good feeling about the Sherman.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Avereda said:

I’m in, with this one…

I might be a couple of weeks late starting but I’ve got a good feeling about the Sherman.

Welcome to the GB, the Sherman is a great choice and hopefully you'll get the chance to make the Suoma.

Anyone else want to join us??

Hi All

This is the most likely contender so far 

spacer.pngspacer.png

Second hand kit of E Bay .Last minute bid came with these decals . Looks like it's all there Six days and counting . There are others but time will tell 

Martin H

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Grandboof said:

Second hand kit of E Bay .Last minute bid came with these decals . Looks like it's all there Six days and counting . There are others but time will tell 

Martin H

An AAC1 Toucan!  Great choice, I believe the Toucan's used C-47 mainwheels, I'm sure if you need some a kind soul here will have some going spare.

Just did a quick inventory I have a revell and Eduard N17 ( although one of these could end up as a Siemens Shuckert DIII) an Eduard SPAD XIII, a Morane Saulnier monoplane and a Roden Sopwith 1 1/2 strutter, all 1/48 and I wouldn’t mind scratching a Breuget 14.  Oh and a 1/72 Renault ft and Char 1 (although I may save them for the Matchbox GB) 

So plenty of choice ( possibly too much) 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Marklo said:

So plenty of choice

And good choices to have!

Room for more to join us on the 14th.

50 minutes ago, Marklo said:

So plenty of choice ( possibly too much) 

Very nice @Marklo.  I might start here...

51299027153_f23b425e70_c_d.jpg

It's a re-boxed Eduard, so the kit is excellent.  And the decals run from Udet, two MvR and a Lothar.  But also this one, from "école d'aviation...or at least my very limited Czech tells me this...unarmed too...

51299858660_57138e347c_c_d.jpg

--John

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Interesting....

Apparently I have collecting a few French aircraft the past year. I think I need to star build one now just to help thin my stash.

I just don't know which one I need to start!

IMG-20210709-232443.jpg

These are still missing Special Hobby Mirage F.1, and Fujimi Alpha Jet which are stored in my family house.. 

I'm thinking about join the GB with either Mirage IIIB or Mirage IVA..

Cheers,

Mario

• Like 5

I am still in for this GB, but it will be  a while before I start my subject, too many other GB's on the go at the moment. Sorry!

Ray

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dermo245 said:

So myself and @Jasonb13 were planning a dual-build of Hobby Boss Rafale's....but then I spotted this in the stash 😍

50182273342_048844cdb8_b.jpgDream Model Dauphin_Box by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

Sorry Jason, you'll be flying solo (for now)

Well normally I'd be giving out to you for dumping me Dermot, but that Panther looks poo-poo cool and I want to see it built! 😁

"Poo-poo" cool, ha! 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

first off I'm not going to pay...... have way too many things on the go..... but this is a bit of a side project..... a huge side project!

IMG_5807-M.jpg

I bought her from local club meet a couple of months ago, she's from an estate (also got another {why!!!!} 1/35th Mi-24, now have 3 of them!!!!!). I intend to convert her to an Israeli AF SA.321K, so the whole intake setup is different, so have to scratch build that! The kit was missing some stuff, I have to find some cockpit doors somewhere or make so up..... which will be fun. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Lifeline said:

I'm thinking about join the GB with either Mirage IIIB or Mirage IVA..

Great choices Mario, we'd love to see any of your stash in the GB, thanks for signing up.

15 hours ago, Dermo245 said:

So myself and @Jasonb13 were planning a dual-build of Hobby Boss Rafale's....but then I spotted this in the stash 😍

50182273342_048844cdb8_b.jpgDream Model Dauphin_Box by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

Sorry Jason, you'll be flying solo (for now)

Ooh!  I like this, good to see some French helicopters.

9 hours ago, trickyrich said:

first off I'm not going to pay...... have way too many things on the go..... but this is a bit of a side project..... a huge side project!

IMG_5807-M.jpg

I bought her from local club meet a couple of months ago, she's from an estate (also got another {why!!!!} 1/35th Mi-24, now have 3 of them!!!!!). I intend to convert her to an Israeli AF SA.321K, so the whole intake setup is different, so have to scratch build that! The kit was missing some stuff, I have to find some cockpit doors somewhere or make so up..... which will be fun. 

That's a shameRich, I'd love to see one of these in the GB, I've clambered over one in real life, it is a big old beastie!

3 hours ago, Davek72 said:

I can’t remember if I signed up for this one Wes but I certainly meant to.  Will raid the stash later and see what I can find.

Your name's added to the list, thanks for joining!

Attention tout le monde!

The GB forum is open, you can find it here, go and register your subject choices.

• Like 2

Hi Wez @Wez. I'm not sure of my time availability but I might - just might - have a go at this, the French Mustang! ;) :

IMG_7706

It would be my first resin full build so I need to summon up the courage to lay my weaknesses bare in the GB! ;)

Martin

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Ok just about to start. Well I’ve completed my anything but injection builds and my unarmed ones, less than a tenner is at an advanced stage, I’m poised to go into large scale me109 production and my Bristols are well underway ( well the scouts are but not the Brisfit) soooo I think pour le moment I’ll start with the Morane Saulnier monoplane ( should be a straightforward oob build) and see where I go from there once the WIP gets a bit more sparse . I’m thinking the SPAD next but we’ll see. 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Hi Wez @Wez. I'm not sure of my time avalability but I might - just might - have a go at this, the French Mustang! ;) :

IMG_7706

It would be my first resin full build so I need to summon up the courage to lay my weaknesses bare in the GB! ;)

Martin

Martin,

It would be great to see the Vannau in the GB and I'm sure a man of your modelling ability has nothing to worry about making a resin kit.

17 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Ok just about to start. Well I’ve completed my anything but injection builds and my unarmed ones, less than a tenner is at an advanced stage, I’m poised to go into large scale me109 production and my Bristols are well underway ( well the scouts are but not the Brisfit) soooo I think pour le moment I’ll start with the Morane Saulnier monoplane ( should be a straightforward oob build) and see where I go from there once the WIP gets a bit more sparse . I’m thinking the SPAD next but we’ll see. 

I've always thought the Morane Saulnier was an interesting looking aircraft and I've always had a soft spot for the SPAD.

• Thanks 1

Can one of you clever people who are good at these things come up with a banner for this GB please?

I'd be jolly grateful.

6 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Hi Wez @Wez. I'm not sure of my time availability but I might - just might - have a go at this, the French Mustang! ;) :

IMG_7706

Martin

Never seen or heard of this beastie. Every day is a school day at Britmodeller Comprehensive!

Trevor