French Fancy 2 GB - Poll Closed and the results are in!!

Wez

9 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

I might make it ;) with “might” accentuated! I have SMW to slow things up next week!

Martin

You can do it!

1 minute ago, Biggles87 said:

Unfortunately I missed the post about the new finishing date otherwise I would have re-started, too late now I'm afraid.

John

That's a shame John

5 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

Unfortunately I missed the post about the new finishing date otherwise I would have re-started, too late now I'm afraid.

That's a shame! But still 2 weeks to go!

But more in earnest, an automated  note to participants would be great indeed! Same goes for votings!

It is way  too easy to miss those kind of things!

• 2 weeks later...

As this GB draws to a close, can I say on behalf of myself and my co-hosts, thanks for your participation, you've done us proud - merci beaucoup!

Thanks too to my co-hosts Dennis aka @Corsairfoxfouruncle, Pat aka @JOCKNEY, Jason @Jasonb13 and thanks too to the Benevolent Dictator of GBs @Enzo Matrix

Just thought I'd leave you with this from the divine Françoise Hardy...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Wez said:

As this GB draws to a close, can I say on behalf of myself and my co-hosts, thanks for your participation, you've done us proud - merci beaucoup!

Thanks too to my co-hosts Dennis aka @Corsairfoxfouruncle, Pat aka @JOCKNEY, Jason @Jasonb13 and thanks too to the Benevolent Dictator of GBs @Enzo Matrix

Just thought I'd leave you with this from the divine Françoise Hardy...

Cracking GB that. Many thanks all.

• Like 2

Well, it has definitely been fun, and the GB was great motivation to keep pushing, but too many family obligations and medical issues (my wife had a total knee replacement 5 days ago) meant that I was running out of time. I was hoping to get decals on today and have some degree of completion, but the first couple of Tamiya decals just shredded on me, so as the D520 scheme is massively dependent on decals, I am wrapping up for now.

As only my fourth build since I restarted modelling, and my first BM GB, I relearned a lot and definitely got to practice a bunch of new techniques. I also learned not to let myself get bogged down by detail - PE was definitely not my friend on this. I'll be choosier about when to use it in future.

Anyway, thanks to @Wez and the co-hosts for the encouragement. Maybe I'll finish this off in the KUTA, provided there are no more disruptions around here.

Edited by drdjp11
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, drdjp11 said:

Anyway, thanks to @Wez and the co-hosts for the encouragement. Maybe I'll finish this off in the KUTA, provided there are no more disruptions around here.

Just be aware that the GB forum will stay open so you can continue your build here.  The gallery will also reopen once the poll is set up,.

And just for the record, fami;ly medical issues always take priority over groupbuilds.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, drdjp11 said:

too many family obligations and medical issues

4 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

And just for the record, fami;ly medical issues always take priority over groupbuilds.

What Enzo said, family and medical issues are always the priority, for my own part work and family commitments took up my time, life happens and you need to deal with that, this is only a hobby after all and participation in a GB is not compulsory.  The main point is that you had fun in the time that you could commit to the GB.

Just be aware that the GB forum will stay open so you can continue your build here.

Thanks for doing this it will be great to see peoples completed entries in the gallery.

The gallery will also reopen once the poll is set up

That will make things easier when setting up the poll!

• Like 1

Brilliant GB, 👏 congratulations @Wez and his glamorous assistants Jason @Jasonb13and Dennis @Corsairfoxfouruncle

As has been said above, family issues, the loss of my mum, has prevented me not only completing a couple of my own builds but also being able to encourage you all to finish yours :fight:.

However I hope once my modelling mojo returns I will return to my old self, so apologies in advance  !

Cheers Pat

• Like 3

I must echo the sentiments of others above. Despite my snail-like performance I have enjoyed the banter and wowed at many of the builds. It is a great subject and deserves another go in the future :). We’ll done Wez @Wez , Pat @JOCKNEY, Jason @Jasonb13 and Dennis @Corsairfoxfouruncle!

Martin

• Like 5

It seems so long ago that I completed my singular entry in this GB. I had plans for loads more, but I decided one was enough, and I needed to ease off my GB habit for a bit!

I’ll take a stroll through the gallery with a coffee and croissant later. I think I’ve missed some splendid modelling.

Thanks to the hosts and to everyone that took part!

• Like 4

thanks everybody for hosting, but especially participating and providing so much important input, inspiration and motivation!

Vive la 🇫🇷! and everybody else of course!

my personal verdict is that no, you cant do everything you plan in advance, but at least some! very happy to managed 2 gallery entries, expecially the propotype Mirage 2000 was too much matching this GB theme... not sure if I had ever startet it elsewhere ;)

The Rafale C only managed to cross the finish line yesterday :)  just in time! 

BUT: I did not manage to move along with the Heller Mirage IV unfortuantely, the rescribing needs put me off for too long... I only manage about half of the straight line for now.... all the panels are still to be done.... ;)

and then I nearly started the pink/ rose Mirage IIIC 2 weeks ago. another time will be !

:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

a bientôt,

Werner

• Like 5

Good afternoon

I would like to Thank Wez and his co-hosts for organising and running this GB and I would like also to congratulate all the participants ..

See you all soon for the next French Fancy Gb ...

Best regards 

Patrice 

• Like 5

Excellent, well done everyone who got finished, and everyone who used the GB as an excuse to get something started! Life always does get in the way, sometimes in small ways and other times in life changing ways, but it's good to have a bench to escape to sometimes.

I was lucky enough to get my build finished (mainly 'cos I only did one, and had some holidays early on!) but wasn't much use as a co-host, it was my first attempt and I either never really came online that much, or felt too shy to be telling people to get their finger out! :) But thanks to @Wez, @Corsairfoxfouruncle and @JOCKNEY for doing the job well when I wasn't! I took part in the 1st French Fancy GB, and now the 2nd one, and I'm looking forward to finding a subject for the 3rd!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Jasonb13 said:

but wasn't much use as a co-host, it was my first attempt and I either never really came online that much, or felt too shy to be telling people to get their finger out!

Im afraid Im just as guilty of this but In my defense had another group build to co-host and some real life issue’s. Im sorry @Wez I wasn't that helpful. 

5 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

I may have missed something. Is there no voting at the end of this GB?

Edit: Sorry, disregard my question, I just saw Enzo's post above.

Er yes and no...   ...:whistle:

Somebody (no names, no pack-drill but their name sounds like Fez), has made un grand coq-up which will need to be sorted out by @Enzo Matrix once he's worked his magic there will be three polls, one for non-aircraft, one for aircraft 1903-1947, the last one for aircraft from 1947 to the present day.

Everyone will have one vote in each section, please use them and show your appreciation for your fellow modellers efforts.

The poll will close at 23:59 on 5th Dec.

The first poll is already up, please wait for Enzo's super moderator action to put the other two polls in the appropriate place and not where Fez the Muppet put them!  :doh: