French Fancy 2 GB - Poll Closed and the results are in!!

Wez

15 minutes ago, Ventora3300 said:

Could I join in with a Revell Nieuport 28? Seems like an upgrade to the 11's and 17's with parallel interplane struts rather than the 'V's. There should be time to finish this tiny one.

Absolutely, yes!

• Thanks 1

6 weeks into the GB and we have 92 build threads, thank you all!

There's time a plenty to make a start so if you're wavering or you're just finishing another GB come and join us!

• Like 3

Been doing an early morning shift on the Potez.

When years ago SWMBO was told by a fortune teller that she would marry a man who would spend his time modelling in his pants, I think this is what she was hoping for.

spacer.png

• Haha 6

Another week down and we have 97 build threads plus I'm pleased to say plenty of completions in the gallery.

Well done and thanks for your participation from the completers, still plenty of time for you to complete for those with WIP and also plenty of time for those yet to make a start.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 2996 Victor said:

Hi Wez,

just wondering if there's room for me to squeeze in with a Heller Morane Saulnier MS.230?

Cheers,

Mark

Absolutely Mark, be our guest!

• Thanks 1

I tried earlier and was never able to get an answer to this question ? 

Though studying the photo’s of the two aircraft, one definitely has a broad stripe on top of the port wing. Assuming its some sort of ID stripe as it wouldn't make much sense to camouflage these like this then add a single wide stripe to one or both wing tops ? Im not sure I can post the open photo’s. So if someone needs/wants to double check/verify my thoughts I will send the photos via D/M. Did the French have/use theater I.D. Bands on top of the wings post Vichy use ?” 

If not I will post in the Aviation section also. 

Dennis

4 hours ago, Jasonb13 said:

Sorry, can't help you with your question @Corsairfoxfouruncle, hope you get some answers somewhere.

I'm a day late, so it's *just* under two months left in this excellent GB. By my count we have 101 build threads, hopefully we can get as many as possible of them finished! :)

Thanks Jason I did and the plane is painted now.

• Like 2

On 8/25/2021 at 5:21 PM, Wez said:

There's time a plenty to make a start so if you're wavering or you're just finishing another GB come and join us!

y4mFSNpJuHz4UbTr12H1IeUZvR-Zzo8c0yjrciDB

Tres bien! Vous etes parler moi into it!

This is one of 1300 Paris taxi cabs which were used on 5-6 September 1914 to rush 6000 soldiers of the Paris Garrison to the Battle of the Marne, which as we all know, stopped the German advance and saved Paris and the world!

It's an ICM 1/35 kit of the Renault AG 1 with a driver and three poilus.

(I'll start on Wednesday after finishing my Phantom GB entry.)

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Great to see so many Builds on the go.

Well done to those already in the Gallery

More power to your elbow for those with Builds underway and if you haven't started yet or are still deciding on what to build, "let's be 'aving you !"  :fight:

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

Just to let everyone know I will be out of circulation for a while as I lost my mum last night.

I'll try to get my builds finished and "encourage " others to finish theirs once life returns to something resembling normal again.

Best wishes Pat

• Sad 4

13 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Just to let everyone know I will be out of circulation for a while as I lost my mum last night.

I'll try to get my builds finished and "encourage " others to finish theirs once life returns to something resembling normal again.

Best wishes Pat

I’m sorry to hear your sad news, Pat. We’ll be here so return when you can. All my best, Martin

• Thanks 1

I'm sure all of our sympathies are with Pat @JOCKNEY at this difficult time, I'm sure none of us would want to be in his position.  As I've said by PM, don't worry about us Pat, come back when you're good and ready, take care of you and yours in the meantime.

Having just returned from my jolly holidays I'm very pleased to see the state of the GB, we have 105 build threads, the gallery is already full of impressive builds, if you signed up but haven't started yet you have 7 weeks to get stuff done.

I shall be taking on the enforcer role of encouraging people in Pat's absence, so expect a visit from me some time soon :fight:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 24/09/2021 at 09:32, JOCKNEY said:

Best wishes Pat

Hi Pat. So sorry to read your post above. Please accept our deepest condolences.

Stix and Mrs Stix.

• Thanks 1

A quick question for our resident experts! 

I'm doing a Rafale M, and I have a carrier deck base, along with a resin catapult and resin deck tractor. The Rafale does not have a pilot. I'm kinda assuming that the tractor and the catapult, wouldn't be "attached" to the aircraft without a pilot onboard? Or could the tractor be towing the aircraft without a pilot? Just trying to figure out the composition of the base.

Thanks!

• Like 1

On 04/10/2021 at 18:22, Jasonb13 said:

A quick question for our resident experts! 

I'm doing a Rafale M, and I have a carrier deck base, along with a resin catapult and resin deck tractor. The Rafale does not have a pilot. I'm kinda assuming that the tractor and the catapult, wouldn't be "attached" to the aircraft without a pilot onboard? Or could the tractor be towing the aircraft without a pilot? Just trying to figure out the composition of the base.

Thanks!

Jason,

Sorry, it's been a busy week!

Usually, when an aircraft is towed there is someone sat in the cockpit to operate the aircraft's brakes, this could be either groundcrew or aircrew, in this case the pilot (personally I'd prefer it to be the groundcrew as they're less likely to break something)! :whistle:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2