French Fancy 2 GB - Poll Closed and the results are in!!

Wez

The GB is getting closer. And after searching among the French subjects in my stash, I have decided to go for these two.

You wanted French subjects. I will give you EXTREMELY French subjects! :D

51263379008_b5472a4100_c.jpg

• Like 10

9 hours ago, Bjorn said:

You wanted French subjects. I will give you EXTREMELY French subjects!

They don't come more French than either of those two!  Big thumbs up for the DS19 BTW.

7 hours ago, Richard Tucker said:

Ooops. I got myself this for Fathers Day.

112460-11185-pristine.jpg

I liked the "camo" so that is the 2nd option for me after the "must build" Leo 451.

Certainly is an interesting camouflage scheme.  Two good choices for the GB.

• Like 1

Still room for plenty to join in the fun, I think I've narrowed down my subject but it will have to wait until I return from my travels to reveal what it is...   ...it is an absolute French classic though!

On 22/06/2021 at 07:11, Bjorn said:

The GB is getting closer. And after searching among the French subjects in my stash, I have decided to go for these two.

You wanted French subjects. I will give you EXTREMELY French subjects! :D

51263379008_b5472a4100_c.jpg

Ooooh, that DS is almost too French to be allowed. Perfect choice.

• Like 1

Nice choice Ned!

My choice is likely to be a break from my usual 1/72nd and started life as a glider...

On 24/06/2021 at 01:03, ModelingEdmontonian said:

May I enlist? It would be my first GB!

Of course you can!  Glad you chose this GB for your first.

We don't start until the 14th of July.

There's an overview of how GB's work here on BM which can be found here.

On 24/06/2021 at 04:49, drdjp11 said:

If its French, it's on your bench...

Exactly that...

If it's French made, it's welcome.

Licensed built French designs are also welcome.

If it's French used, it's in.

If it's wearing French markings, it's eligible!

Come and join us on the 14th of July.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Wez said:

Of course you can!  Glad you chose this GB for your first.

We don't start until the 14th of July.

There's an overview of how GB's work here on BM which can be found here.

Cheers! I have a Free French Hawker Hurricane in my "Hawker Hurricanes around the world" project stash that should be perfect. Simple, but perfect!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ModelingEdmontonian said:

Cheers! I have a Free French Hawker Hurricane in my "Hawker Hurricanes around the world" project stash that should be perfect. Simple, but perfect!

Sounds just the thing to me, it would be good to see a Hurricane in some different markings.

• Like 1

It is not good news.

I have started the 2CV.  Although I do have a good excuse.

Arrived Melbourne yesterday to start my next work rotation. 2 weeks locked in a hotel room under guard.

So what's a man to do, apart from bringing a mobile modeling tool kit and as many models as I could.

So the 2CV is the first victim. 

I understand I cannot enter it in the GB, unless I can get a early start date. I know I won't be building anything once I join the ship, as 12hr shifts for 6 weeks, boat movement, and general conditions on a work boat, make it impossible.

Anyway, back to staring out the window thinking of escape routes

Cheer

Paul

2 hours ago, diases said:

It is not good news.

I have started the 2CV.  Although I do have a good excuse.

Arrived Melbourne yesterday to start my next work rotation. 2 weeks locked in a hotel room under guard.

So what's a man to do, apart from bringing a mobile modeling tool kit and as many models as I could.

So the 2CV is the first victim. 

I understand I cannot enter it in the GB, unless I can get a early start date. I know I won't be building anything once I join the ship, as 12hr shifts for 6 weeks, boat movement, and general conditions on a work boat, make it impossible.

Anyway, back to staring out the window thinking of escape routes

Cheer

Paul

That's tough!

All I can say is, the rules for GBs state subjects that are more than 25% complete aren't eligible so, if you had started, but hadn't completed more than 25% of your model it could still be eligible...  ...just sayin' right:whistle:

Hello, might as well jump to the deep end. I’d like to join. I’ve sourced SBS Model’s kits of Caudron C. 450 and C. 460 in 1/72. If you have me, I’ll build them.

I understand that multiple builds in one thread are discouraged, but I think I have a good case for doing so. Several Caudrons participated in 1935 Coupe Deutsch de la Meurthe. Maurice Arnoux started the race in a C. 460 but had to pull out due to engine trouble. The race was a two leg affair, and Arnoux switched places with Albert Monville and flew the second leg in Monville’s C. 450. I’ll be modeling Arnoux’s mount(s) in the race.

Cheers,

-M

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mjoo said:

Hello, might as well jump to the deep end. I’d like to join. I’ve sourced SBS Model’s kits of Caudron C. 450 and C. 460 in 1/72. If you have me, I’ll build them.

I understand that multiple builds in one thread are discouraged, but I think I have a good case for doing so. Several Caudrons participated in 1935 Coupe Deutsch de la Meurthe. Maurice Arnoux started the race in a C. 460 but had to pull out due to engine trouble. The race was a two leg affair, and Arnoux switched places with Albert Monville and flew the second leg in Monville’s C. 450. I’ll be modeling Arnoux’s mount(s) in the race.

Cheers,

-M

Yes you might as well jump in at the deep end.

Yes, of course we'll have you.

Yes, you're right, technically multiple builds in the thread but, you make a compelling case for two models in one thread, if the thread is titled something like 1935 Coupe Deutsch de la Meurthe - Arnoux's mounts we could stretch things a bit.

I think we'll all like to see those Caudron's come to fruition.

Oh, and by the way - welcome to the GB and welcome to the forum.

Still room for more to join especially with cars, trucks, ships, figures, AFVs and yes, of course, lots of aircraft

We're up to 91 already, could be more by the time we start, anyone else want to volunteer with the cat wrangling co-hosting?  It will make things easier for us all...

Another GB I thought I had signed up for and hadn't 🤔

Was going to do the Smer Potez 540 in Spanish Nationalist markings. I also just bought a Dora Wings dual boxing of the P-63 Kingcobra to do the Soviet one, I was going to sell the other kit on but, it has markings for an 1949 Indo-China French Air Force one as well so I'll be in with that!

DSC_0008 DSC_0007

Davey.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DaveyGair said:

Another GB I thought I had signed up for and hadn't 

Well you have now!

4 minutes ago, DaveyGair said:

Was going to do the Smer Potez 540 in Spanish Nationalist markings. I also just bought a Dora Wings dual boxing of the P-63 Kingcobra to do the Soviet one, I was going to sell the other kit on but, it has markings for an 1949 Indo-China French Air Force one as well so I'll be in with that!

Great selection too, the Potez will make a nice change in the Spanish markings too.

Did you know the French used the P-63's in North Africa (Algeria I think, I'd have to check), as a work-up phase prior to deploying to Indochina?

Welcome to the GB Davey.

Anyone else like to join us?

23 minutes ago, Wez said:

Did you know the French used the P-63's in North Africa (Algeria I think, I'd have to check), as a work-up phase prior to deploying to Indochina?

Welcome to the GB Davey.

Anyone else like to join us?

I didn't. Military history isn't my strong point. I could walk a layman through WW2, kind of. 

Neither is all the variants and differences to subjects, I know basic stuff but mainly I'm into models but it's fun learning on the way on this forum 😁. I am amazed at the depth of knowledge of some folk over the years and have a smile when people point out minor errors in builds but I'm all for that, if light-hearted.

Davey.

I'm wondering if an AMX-40 tank (the 1940 version) would be allowed in the GB? The design was still being worked on when Germany Invaded France & none were built.

Edited by Mig Eater

6 hours ago, Mig Eater said:

I'm wondering if an AMX-40 tank (the 1940 version) would be allowed in the GB? The design was still being worked on when Germany Invaded France & none were built.

As it was only a paper design I'm afraid I'm going to have to say no, not for this GB however it would be very welcome in the What If IV GB which you've already signed up for but there's plenty of room for others to do so.

21 hours ago, DaveyGair said:

I didn't. Military history isn't my strong point. I could walk a layman through WW2, kind of. 

Neither is all the variants and differences to subjects, I know basic stuff but mainly I'm into models but it's fun learning on the way on this forum 😁. I am amazed at the depth of knowledge of some folk over the years and have a smile when people point out minor errors in builds but I'm all for that, if light-hearted.

Davey.

That's fair enough Davey, whatever floats your boat.

Personally, I'm very interested in the history of these things and am constantly amazed at how things link together.

Room for more in this GB?

• Like 1

For me, it's going to be like the Heller GB never went away!

I'll be digging out a few of the kits that didn't get done for that one.  I had better get cracking on my current GB builds first though.

To think that when the GB calendar was posted ages ago, I thought there was only going to be a couple that interested me enough to join in. How wrong can you get?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1