French Fancy 2 GB - Poll Closed and the results are in!!

Wez

1 minute ago, Biggles87 said:

OK, sign me up then, and I’ll try to finish it this ( next ) time

john

Thanks John,

You've been going great guns with your Mustang in spite of the setbacks, I'm sure you'll do well with this GB.

Of course I'm in! My stash is full of potential subjects! I just have to decide which one of all my French favourites I'll build. 😃 Mirage IIIB, C or E...? Or IV... Or Super Étendard... Or Vautour or even Trident? Or maybe a Citroën DS or Renault 4L...? Vive la France! 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bjorn said:

Of course I'm in! My stash is full of potential subjects! I just have to decide which one of all my French favourites I'll build. 😃 Mirage IIIB, C or E...? Or IV... Or Super Étendard... Or Vautour or even Trident? Or maybe a Citroën DS or Renault 4L...? Vive la France! 

Now Bjorn, you know what @Enzo Matrix would say...

...now as much as I love Mirages, I have a really soft spot for the Renault 4, my aunt had one that she called her "Mountain Goat", it certainly coped with lugging me and my cousins to the beach via the downland of the Isle of Wight, this was the 1970's, no rear seat belts, tangled mess of kids sliding from side to side on the vinyl seats as the car lurched around the twisty  roads!  We all survived into adulthood.

I saw this one on holiday last year, they're hard to make out but it has sports wheels!

img_20190701_143442-1024x768.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, charlie_c67 said:

So if I read this right, a BA Concorde and an Free French Blenheim count? I’m in. Need a boot up the backside to get modelling again...

Great subjects both, welcome Charlie, thanks for signing up.

Hopefully this GB will inspire you.

15 hours ago, Rich G said:

Ok, count me in, I have a few modern and WW2 kits to make on this subject.

Rich

Great, welcome along.

13 hours ago, Graeme H said:

Can I take the no 42 slot

Secret of Life, the Universe, everything

Well, strictly speaking you're 43rd but as you asked so nicely, you got the No.42 slot (I'm sure Rich G won't mind)

10 hours ago, Marlin said:

@Wez

Of course I'd like to play in this one as well.  :D 

I got two Rafale's in the stash that would fit the bill perfectly. 

/Bosse 

Rafale's, yes please?

10 hours ago, Beazer said:

Yes I would love to take part.

Perhaps a P-47 Bubbletop or even the Dewoitine.

Great suggestions both.

7 hours ago, Mark said:

@Wez I'm in! Subject to be chosen, but I'm sure there's something French in the stash! I'll be back soon with more details, but thanks for the invite! :)

Your Team Aseptogyl Renault Alpine was one of my favourites from the previous GB, I'm glad it got finished in the end.

Welcome one, welcome all, thanks for signing up!

35 minutes ago, John D.C. Masters said:

If I were to buy an old Deux Cheveaux and restore it from the 

ground up, could I enter as a full-scale kit?  

YES!

35 minutes ago, John D.C. Masters said:

just kidding obviously!

Me too...  ...or am I?

Plenty of room for more inside, the rules are simple:

If it's French, it's in.

If it's French made it's in (doesn't matter whose markings it's in).

If it was used by the French, it's in!

Land, sea, air or space, all are welcome.

@Wez You rang?

I still haven't finished that Mirage,it's not been touched since I fell off the last GB https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234978878-italeri-mirage-iiie-in-148th-scale/

I do have a 1/48 Heller Rafale prototype in the stash,I've got to get back into production before I can commit to joining in though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alex Gordon said:

@Wez You rang?

I still haven't finished that Mirage,it's not been touched since I fell off the last GB https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234978878-italeri-mirage-iiie-in-148th-scale/

I do have a 1/48 Heller Rafale prototype in the stash,I've got to get back into production before I can commit to joining in though.

Fair enough Alex, I shan't add you to the list just yet but I'm sure I can safely say that Mirage hasn't hit the 20% built mark yet - just sayin' right :wicked:

Anyone else up for this GB?

• Like 1

On 2/18/2020 at 10:54 AM, Wez said:

Having rounded up most of the usual subjects, there's always a few stragglers and following the example set by another GB proposer (you know who you are), I've decided to put a call out to all those of you current contributors who joined the first round of this GB five years ago.

You know the routine...

...If it's French, it's in.

If it's French made it's in (doesn't matter whose markings it's in).

If it was used by the French, it's in!

Land, sea, air or space, all are welcome.

Come and join us, you know you'll have fun!

So this is a call out to

@PaulT 876 @SAU @Mark @Caerbannog @Andrew @Chimpion @VG 33 @Jasonb13 @Rich G @Hardtarget @JackG @Marlin @bobster @Natter @Bjorn @Marcel @Giorgio N @Stephen @Max Headroom @Kallisti @Ronan71 @Misterfriend @charlie_c67 @Stew Dapple @Blitz23 @Jb65rams @AndyC @stevehed @ForestFan @Biggles87 @Paul J @06/24 @thepureness @heloman1 @AndrewE @Alex Gordon @fatfingers @Geoff King

Call me a baguette and cover me in brie, I'm in Wez! 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Misterfriend said:

Call me a baguette and cover me in brie,

OK, you're a baguette although the Brie will have to wait as I've only just got it out of the fridge and I'll have to wait for it to go a bit runny...

...anyway, banishing that thought :sick:

Welcome!  Thanks for signing up!

Any more want to sign up for this? Being called a bread based product and being covered in fromage not obligatory but if that's what floats your boat...

• Like 1

If I can't find something French-related in my stash to build for this, it would be, well, incroyable.

In the words of Patrice de MacMahon at Sevastopol: J'y suis, j'y reste! (Here I am, here will I stay).

Edited by klr
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, klr said:

If I can't find something French-related in my stash to build for this, it would be, well, incroyable.

In the words of Patrice de MacMahon at Sevastopol: J'y suis, j'y reste! (Here I am, here will I stay).

That's the spirit!

Welcome and thanks for signing up.

Room for more inside, come and join us!

I think I've found what I'll do for this GB. Special Hobby's 1/32 Morane Saulnier Type N 'RFC Service'

From Wikipedia:

The Morane-Saulnier N, also known as the Morane-Saulnier Type N, was a French monoplane fighter aircraft of the First World War. Designed and manufactured by Morane-Saulnier, the Type N entered service in April 1915 with the Aéronautique Militaire designated as the MoS-5 C1. It also equipped four squadrons of the Royal Flying Corps, in which it was nicknamed the Bullet, and was operated in limited numbers by the 19th Squadron of the Imperial Russian Air Force.

I've always liked the look of this little monoplane and so this one will definitely be on the bench! I'm thinking of doing a Tamiya 1/20 Ligier JS.11 as well...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mark said:

I think I've found what I'll do for this GB. Special Hobby's 1/32 Morane Saulnier Type N 'RFC Service'

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

I've always liked the look of this little monoplane and so this one will definitely be on the bench! I'm thinking of doing a Tamiya 1/20 Ligier JS.11 as well...

Two very interesting subjects, I've always found the MS Type N an attractive subject and what could be more French than a Jaques Laffite driven Gitanes Ligier?

Good choices, we just need to get through the poll and for that we need more members!  If you're reading this and haven't signed up yet, what are you waiting for?  A personal invite from Vanessa Paradis?