French Fancy 2 GB - Poll Closed and the results are in!!

Wez

9 hours ago, Richard Tucker said:

I can't see my name in the list so count me in!

I have a Leo 451 that needs building after seeing all the trials and tribulations in the Heller GB.

Thanks for signing up Richard, the LeO 451 is an attractive subject.

Anyone else want to join?

If it's French made, it's welcome.

If it's French used, it's in.

If it's wearing French markings, it's eligible!

Come and join us on the 14th of July.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

A bit of inspiration for you, I'm hoping that we'll see one of these in the GB.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Torbjorn said:

Pardon me if it has been asked - would you accept French designs license-built and used by foreigners in foreign countries?

Such as...

20 hours ago, Torbjorn said:

Question was general, but for example one of the different Morane Saulniers built by Thulin (e.g. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morane-Saulnier_L) or Duks-built Nieuport or MS designs. Don’t hesitate to say no, just asking :)

Oh yes, they're eligible, French design, we'll allow that.

18 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Got my two builds sorted, DeWoitine D.520 and F6F Hellcat. 

Two great subjects Dennis.

Anymore for this?

Licensed built French designs are also welcome.

I've gone mad.....

Bits have been acquired and inbound to convert my 1/48 Heller French M2000 into a Hellenic M2000-5.  :mental:

Now we'll have to see if I still have any 1/72 French stuff that needs to be cleared out of the stash first (thinking of selling off some stuff)...if I don't get the urge to drag out the Bugatti EB110.

On 26/04/2021 at 10:20, JOCKNEY said:

A bit of inspiration for potential candidates for this GB

Nice selection Pat, that Cams flying boat looks interesting...   ...just sayin' right :whistle:

1 hour ago, helios16v said:

I've gone mad.....

Bits have been acquired and inbound to convert my 1/48 Heller French M2000 into a Hellenic M2000-5.  

I don't think you've gone mad, your choice strikes me as extremely wise and balanced.

49 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

I’ve decided on my contribution. A SNCAS 900 aka a Fw190 A8. I’ll be using the 1/72 Airfix offering.

It'll be good to see some different markings on that airframe.

• Haha 1

Just been getting my kits out from the stash ready for the Less Than A Tenner GB (which starts in two weeks time on Saturday 15th May - (shameless plug!.........sorry Wez!....) - and I thought I get my proposed kit for the French Fancy 2 GB out at the same time.

I’ve really been looking forward to building this Tamiya AMX-13 since I bought it, not long after it was released:

51155945555_3380f47e3f_b.jpg

Can't wait to get started.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/05/2021 at 19:27, HobbyPaul said:

Wez - is it too late to join? If not, would a WW1 Light Tank R35 fit the bill?

spacer.png

Hi Paul, no, you're not too late and that subject would be very welcome, looking forward to you joining us on July 14th.

Anyone else want to join us?

2 hours ago, Evil_Toast_RSA said:

Quick question for the GB overlords, will the following count? It has Free French markings on the nose? 

spacer.png

I'm thinking not, but not 100% sure. 

So this one is a bit difficult.  In the original French Fancy we said that RAF aircraft that weren't displaying French national markings weren't eligible because you couldn't clearly identify a particular aircraft with a certain pilot however, JF-E "Le Grand Charles" is so inextricably linked to Pierre Closterman, it's hard to deny it fulfils the brief. 

So if you make it as Closterman's aircraft then we'll allow it.   As a side note, the original JF-E was lost whilst being flown by another pilot, I don't think Closterman was too happy about that.

36 minutes ago, Wez said:

So this one is a bit difficult.  In the original French Fancy we said that RAF aircraft that weren't displaying French national markings weren't eligible because you couldn't clearly identify a particular aircraft with a certain pilot however, JF-E "Le Grand Charles" is so inextricably linked to Pierre Closterman, it's hard to deny it fulfils the brief. 

So if you make it as Closterman's aircraft then we'll allow it.   As a side note, the original JF-E was lost whilst being flown by another pilot, I don't think Closterman was too happy about that.

Excellent. My Invader may have to be pushed back to build #2 for this (waiting for some AM), so trying to see what I can get locally that fulfills this GB's requirements and isn't a Italeri re-box from when Jimmy Carter still looked like getting re-elected. So far got this and the 1/48 Academy Chesapeake to choose from. Hoping for something actually made in France, so far my choices are limited....   

On 17/05/2021 at 22:01, Wez said:

Hi Paul, no, you're not too late and that subject would be very welcome, looking forward to you joining us on July 14th.

Anyone else want to join us?

Thanks for the reply Wez, and looking forward to the GB

I've finally located my build for this one, which was lurking in the wrong box.

It's going to be controversial as I believe the kit accuracy is questionable but, I don't mind, as its got some great history attached to it.

And no I'm not telling till we start properly  :wink:

Cheers Pat 

On 23/05/2021 at 10:22, JOCKNEY said:

I've finally located my build for this one, which was lurking in the wrong box.

It's going to be controversial as I believe the kit accuracy is questionable but, I don't mind, as its got some great history attached to it.

And no I'm not telling till we start properly  :wink:

Cheers Pat 

Intriguing...  ... Looking forward to seeing what it is!

Whilst I'm here, anyone else want to join in the fun?

I'd love to join this - I'm not sure of my subject yet, but I'm aiming to build all of the aircraft used by Patrouille de France anyway, so I could just do one of these as part of the build! As part of that I've got 3 of the "100 years of Dassault" set by Heller sat in a box doing sweet FA so, I guess I'm building something for this! I'll decide a topic later but I'm def in for this! 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MsModeller said:

I'd love to join this - I'm not sure of my subject yet, but I'm aiming to build all of the aircraft used by Patrouille de France anyway, so I could just do one of these as part of the build! As part of that I've got 3 of the "100 years of Dassault" set by Heller sat in a box doing sweet FA so, I guess I'm building something for this! I'll decide a topic later but I'm def in for this! 

Welcome to the GB, Ouragan, Mystère (not in the Heller box), Magister or Alpha Jet, all would be very welcome.  Thanks for signing up, name added to the list.

Anyone else up for this?

Licensed built French designs are also welcome.

• Like 1