French Fancy 2 GB - Poll Closed and the results are in!!

Wez

Sign me up for this one Wez!

Apart from having lots of French shaped plastic that will be left over from the Heller GB (lots of very pretty French aeroplanes), I've got a some F4U-7s that need built and one of @Army_Air_Force resin Max Holste Broussard kits.

However, to keep a promise to @JeroenS and @Bengalensis, I also have a 1/24 Renault 5 and a Revell 2CV along with a 1/16 Citroen DS 19. Now, I haven't built a car kit since I was a teenager, so I may go the four wheeled route for this GB (but maybe throw in the odd wingy thing if I start going cold turkey)

Steve

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, fightersweep said:

Sign me up for this one Wez!

Apart from having lots of French shaped plastic that will be left over from the Heller GB (lots of very pretty French aeroplanes), I've got a some F4U-7s that need built and one of @Army_Air_Force resin Max Holste Broussard kits.

However, to keep a promise to @JeroenS and @Bengalensis, I also have a 1/24 Renault 5 and a Revell 2CV along with a 1/16 Citroen DS 19. Now, I haven't built a car kit since I was a teenager, so I may go the four wheeled route for this GB (but maybe throw in the odd wingy thing if I start going cold turkey)

Steve

Steve,

Thanks for signing up, seems you have plenty of candidates, très bien!

Anyone else want to join us?

If it's French made, it's welcome.

If it's French used, it's in.

If it's wearing French markings, it's eligible!

Come and join us on the 14th of July.

Hi Steve!

AFVs don’t float my boat but I never realised that there could be such interesting markings! This and your Africa GB post both offer some very attractive options. I’ll look forward to seeing them ;).

Martin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/02/2021 at 22:24, JWM said:

I can go in. Maybe Douglas DB7 conversion?

Regards

J-W

Oooh!  Interesting subject, which kit are you going to use?  Will it be in Vichy markings?

1 hour ago, wellzy said:

Hi Wez  here`s the Plan  , PlanA 

IMG_2145

IMG_7003

IMG_7002

Or plan B

IMG_7004

IMG_7005

What  do think Guy`s

@Enzo Matrix will say both, truth told, I'd say both too but if you can do only one, then I think the P-40 would be the more unusual subject, either way, I'd be pleased to see either!

Anyone else want to join in the fun?

53 minutes ago, Wez said:

Oooh!  Interesting subject, which kit are you going to use?  Will it be in Vichy markings?

Thnaks, actually I  am thinking on Free French scheme from winter 1944/45, with narrowed variant of invasion strips. Maybe that one (the second fro bottom):

54ab64175971cde5929a157ef7d132b2.jpg

The conversion I am planning to do from MPM Boston III kit based on drawings, as scratch work

Regards

J-W

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2021 at 11:03 PM, RidgeRunner said:

I’ve got one of those (Broussard) waiting in the wings and a decal set ;)

Martin

I'm now thinking Vanneau!! It would be my first all resin build so I would be grateful of the input ;)

Martin

On 2/5/2021 at 7:02 PM, JWM said:

Thnaks, actually I  am thinking on Free French scheme from winter 1944/45, with narrowed variant of invasion strips. Maybe that one (the second fro bottom):

A French Marauder would look good, Jerzy!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

For anybody seeking a bit of inspiration can I commend to you @Dean Whiston Taxi de la Marne, great stuff, I hope we see plenty of vehicles and figures in the GB>

Room for more in this very inclusive GB.

• 2 weeks later...

Bonjour!

I'm having a good time picking things up for cheap lately. In this case however I feel there's a solid reason for it. 

Count me in with a Italeri 1/72 Douglas A-26C Invader, not sure if I'm going with the NMF Indochina or Suave Black & Dashing White Algerian machine. Lets see how this goes, the build reviews make for interesting reading.... 

As they say in France, mercy buckets! 

7 hours ago, Evil_Toast_RSA said:

Count me in with a Italeri 1/72 Douglas A-26C Invader, not sure if I'm going with the NMF Indochina or Suave Black & Dashing White Algerian machine. Lets see how this goes, the build reviews make for interesting reading.... 

Or a shiny black Indochina or France based aircraft...  ...an interesting choice nonetheless and very welcome!

7 hours ago, Evil_Toast_RSA said:

As they say in France, mercy buckets!

Sorry, don't get you!

Oh! You mean Murky Buckets?  With you now, you need to work on your accent :whistle:

Thanks for signing up.

Anyone else want to play? 

I keep thinking about building a Fouga Magister in Finnish Air Force colours and I also have a French decal F-84 Thunderbird sat in my stash, not to mention a Revell 2CV so I fancy this as it will force me to get around around to starting one of these projects. Count me in if I'm not too late 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, worcesterjohn said:

I keep thinking about building a Fouga Magister in Finnish Air Force colours and I also have a French decal F-84 Thunderbird sat in my stash, not to mention a Revell 2CV so I fancy this as it will force me to get around around to starting one of these projects. Count me in if I'm not too late 😀

F-84 Thunderjet or F-84 Thunderstreak, not that it matters, all of your suggestions are very welcome.

It's very definitely not too late so welcome to the gang!

Anyone else up for this?

3 hours ago, Wez said:

F-84 Thunderjet or F-84 Thunderstreak, not that it matters, all of your suggestions are very welcome.

It's very definitely not too late so welcome to the gang!

Anyone else up for this?

It’s a Thunderjet  I think predictive text took over !   And thanks !

I thought that I'd signed up for this but it appears not. As my Talbot Record that I entered in the Classic Heller GB didn't get to the 25% mark I'd like to enter it in this one and try and finish it ( summer is a much better time of year for spray painting in the back garden than winter). I also have a pair of Heller 1/43 rally cars, a Peugeot 206 and Citroen Xsara .that I could add to the fun.  

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, TimJ said:

I thought that I'd signed up for this but it appears not. As my Talbot Record that I entered in the Classic Heller GB didn't get to the 25% mark I'd like to enter it in this one and try and finish it ( summer is a much better time of year for spray painting in the back garden than winter). I also have a pair of Heller 1/43 rally cars, a Peugeot 206 and Citroen Xsara .that I could add to the fun.  

Tim, I'd be very pleased to see that Talbot Record built so you're very welcome to bring it to the party, the rally cars would also be a bit of fun too.  Thanks for signing up.

Anyone else want to play? 

Good afternoon

It looks like that there will be some very interesting subjects for this Gb this Summer as the Modelsvit Mirage III B/C/E are already available and the Mirage 2000 should also be available very soon 

and with the ever increasing Special Hobby Mirage F1 Family

Patrice

• Like 1

If you're looking for some inspiration for this GB, check out Patrick's @VG 33 Mirage IIIB here!

Gotta love the Mirage however, this GB isn't restricted to Mirages or indeed only aircraft, it's open to anything on land, at sea, in the air or even outer space!

On 3/17/2021 at 8:23 PM, Wez said:

If you're looking for some inspiration for this GB, check out Patrick's @VG 33 Mirage IIIB here!

Gotta love the Mirage however, this GB isn't restricted to Mirages or indeed only aircraft, it's open to anything on land, at sea, in the air or even outer space!

Thank you for showing my recent bird. From the same brand I should enter the group build with their new Mirage 2000C.

Patrick

https://www.facebook.com/modelsvit/photos/pcb.2916402038628828/2916401701962195

• Like 1