French Fancy 2 GB - Poll Closed and the results are in!!

Wez

14 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

Maybe a bit too early to decide now, but most likely I'll build a Vautour for this GB, in natural metal finish and French markings. Should be something a bit more unusual but still distinctly French

Great choice Giorgio, you're right too, the Vautour is very much imbued with a Gallic flavour!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jb65rams said:

Since this got the go ahead, been looking at the stash to pick a subject. Probably go with Mengs Renault FT-17 tank. (Although I reserve the right to change my mind)

JB,

That's a great choice and whilst you have the right to change your mind, many would be disappointed if you do.  It would be great to have one of these in the GB.  I'll add your name to the list.

Anyone else up for this?

The father of one of our friends passed away in September and left behind about 100 unbuilt 1/72 kits which our friend gave to me, so I will be building one of those and giving it to Max when completed. I see that the time limit is a little longer than usual so even I should be able to complete something.

John

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

The father of one of our friends passed away in September and left behind about 100 unbuilt 1/72 kits which our friend gave to me, so I will be building one of those and giving it to Max when completed. I see that the time limit is a little longer than usual so even I should be able to complete something.

John

Sorry to hear that John but I'm sure whatever you make it will be a fitting tribute to your friend's father, I'm sure whatever you make, Max will be very pleased with the outcome.

Hopefully you'll find something unusual in the collection.

• Like 1

I've been signing up for next years Group Builds left, right and centre. If I've already added myself here, apologies.

If not, I'll no doubt be adding some of the Heller GB kits I didn't get around to starting over there. A final declaration here is going to have to wait on the Heller GB finish date though.

As long as I don't start getting kits especially for this GB I should be OK, although I'm easily led astray.

Tony.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ned said:

I'd like to join this. I was going to offer up an RPM Renault FT-17, but Jb65rams just beat me to it with a Meng version. I'll find something else...

Well that doesn't matter, if you want to make it, then do so, it would be interesting to see different approaches, but never mind, whatever you choose will be fine!

1 hour ago, TonyW said:

I've been signing up for next years Group Builds left, right and centre. If I've already added myself here, apologies.

If not, I'll no doubt be adding some of the Heller GB kits I didn't get around to starting over there. A final declaration here is going to have to wait on the Heller GB finish date though.

As long as I don't start getting kits especially for this GB I should be OK, although I'm easily led astray.

Tony.

Tony, you've already signed up, you're number 27 on the list!

Anyone else want to sign up for this one?

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Im pretty sure I know the answer to this one, but need to ask for confirmation. Do Israeli Kfir’s count since the are a derivative of Mirage III’s ? If so great I can get one for $5 right now ? 

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

I've already ruled on this one.  If this was a Mirage GB I'd allow the Kfir but although it borrowed heavily from the Mirage 5, its inception is entirely Israeli in conception and not French (or not that the French would admit to), so for that reason it's ineligible for the FF2 GB, sorry.

There are plenty of other eligible subjects out there, I'm sure you'll be able to find something at a reasonable price.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

No worries Wez I already have something, I was just thinking of a secondary build. 

That's the spirit Dennis!

For anyone else thinking of joining this GB, the basic GB rules about kit eligibility, thread conduct and having fun will apply but for this particular GB there are some specific rules:

1.  Anything made in France no matter where its used is good.

2.  Anything wearing French markings military or civil is also good, the markings have to be distinctive and readily identifiable as French.

3.  French units embedded in other nations forces such as the Normandie-Niemen units in the Soviet Air Force are eligible or those squadrons in RAF service that wore French roundels, they would be eligible too.

4.  If you're thinking of building an aircraft used by a French person in another nation's force that wasn't distinctively French, it's not eligible unless it can absolutely pinned to a French user, Pierre Clostermann's Tempest V "Le Grand Charles" is an example of what is eligible.

5.  Racing cars, in the previous French Fancy GB we used the two out of three rule.  If any two of the driver, major sponsor, constructor/engine were French, it was deemed eligible, so Alain Prost driving a Williams-Renault is OK, Damon Hill driving a Williams-Renault isn't.  A Ligier qualifies under rule 1.

You've got plenty of choice, I hope to see figures, ships, submarines, trucks, bicycles as well as AFV's, cars and of course aircraft in the GB, it was a pretty diverse one last time and there's no reason for it not to be so this time.

You've got plenty of time to think about it, I'm looking forward to it!

Hi Wez  can l put my name  down please  , could  be a P40 or a P39 but then l have 3   Mirages in the stash, 

Thanks Wellzy

IMG_6629

Edited by wellzy
Add photo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/01/2021 at 11:50, wellzy said:

Hi Wez  can l put my name  down please  , could  be a P40 or a P39 but then l have 3   Mirages in the stash

Wellzy, of course you can!  Plenty of time to decide.

Nice Rafale btw!

Bienvenue!

Plenty of room for more, come and join us on the 14th of July.

14 hours ago, Wez said:

Wellzy, of course you can!  Plenty of time to decide.

Nice Rafale btw!

Bienvenue!

Plenty of room for more, come and join us on the 14th of July.

Hi Wez looking  like the P40F of the Lafayeette, could  be the start  of a theme.

7 minutes ago, wellzy said:

Hi Wez looking  like the P40F of the Lafayeette, could  be the start  of a theme.

Cool, good choice

10 hours ago, wellzy said:

And if l have time a Mirage 2000  the same unit .

A Lafayette M2000 would be very welcome, which scale/kit?

• Like 1

On 1/15/2021 at 8:23 AM, Wez said:

A Lafayette M2000 would be very welcome, which scale/kit?

Hi Wez it will be 1/48th Kitty Hawk 2000N .  The Hellcat was a first lock down  build.

IMG_6664

• Like 2