French Fancy 2 GB - Poll Closed and the results are in!!

Wez

I think I know the answer to this question, but assuming this GB does get enough votes and is added to the list for 2021, do we have any way of knowing when it might be in 2021? Or do we just wait to find out?

Thanks...

40 minutes ago, Jasonb13 said:

I think I know the answer to this question, but assuming this GB does get enough votes and is added to the list for 2021, do we have any way of knowing when it might be in 2021? Or do we just wait to find out?

Thanks...

After November 1st the voting begins here in the group build polls. Everyone gets to vote for 7 builds. This year that will be tough with 21 and counting to choose from. On December 1st we’ll know who gets the top 7 and those hosts and Enzo will figure out the best days and assign them. So by the 3rd or 4th of December it should be pretty much locked up and we will know. The 1st build will start about 6 weeks later in the middle of January. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Natter said:

French Fancy was one of my favourite GBs, and I bought several models for it before actually building only two.  As the remainder are still waiting in the wings please add me to this potential GB's list of hopefuls.

Yes, your little Heller Cadet Noratlas was a little beauty (don't suppose you've got any more Heller kits stashed away that you could use in the Heller Classic GB later this year have you)?

Your legionnaire was great too!  It was great to have some figures in that GB, hopefully we'll get some this time too!

Thanks for signing up.

Anyone else interested in signing up for this GB?

Land, sea, air or space - all welcome!

Made in France - welcome.

Made in France but used elsewhere - welcome.

Made elsewhere but used by the French - welcome.

In French markings - welcome.

You get the drift, come and joins us.

18 minutes ago, helios16v said:

Currently eyeballing another Mirage (or 2) for the stash...

Good man!

18 minutes ago, helios16v said:

...must resist, must resist!  

Why?  This makes no sense to me! :whistle:

I'm not helping much am I?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Wez said:

Yes, your little Heller Cadet Noratlas was a little beauty (don't suppose you've got any more Heller kits stashed away that you could use in the Heller Classic GB later this year have you)?

Mmmm... maybe one or two.  Well, 16 at the last count that are <25% complete.  It should be a cracking GB and please, please, please Mods; let us have a French Fancy 2 GB.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2020 at 9:24 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

After November 1st the voting begins here in the group build polls. Everyone gets to vote for 7 builds. This year that will be tough with 21 and counting to choose from. On December 1st we’ll know who gets the top 7 and those hosts and Enzo will figure out the best days and assign them. So by the 3rd or 4th of December it should be pretty much locked up and we will know. The 1st build will start about 6 weeks later in the middle of January. 

Another quick question! Where can I find the 21 potential GBs? Just curious to see what's possible for next year.

Thanks...

I've started making a 3D model of the AMX-50 Surblindé a French heavy tank prototype from the 1950's, which is what I'll probably build if the GB goes ahead. If not I'll probably 3D print & build it at some point next year anyway.

amx-50-series-11_1024x.jpg

amx50surb_3d_01.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jasonb13 said:

Another quick question! Where can I find the 21 potential GBs? Just curious to see what's possible for next year.

Thanks...

Current list so far.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235064219-2021-gb-bunfight/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Jasonb13 said:

Just ordered the paint for my planned build, fingers crossed the GB happens! :)

I'm intrigued, what do you have planned?

1 hour ago, Wez said:

I'm intrigued, what do you have planned?

I've a Hobbyboss 1:72 Rafale M. The guy I bought it from threw all sorts of extras in with it, I think there's a carrier deck base, possibly a resin catapult and 'Tug' , some aftermarket decals and who knows what else, I haven't fully looked!

When I say I've ordered some paint, it's just one colour, dark gull grey all over.

And let's be honest, I'll be building it whether the GB happens or not, but I'd much rather build it as part of the GB.

• Like 2

Welp, the deed has been done.  2 more Mirage IIICs inbound along w/ some goodies (seats & pitots), paints for my Vietnam build, and a 1/72 F-4E kit to hack up for parts to convert one of my EJs into a Turkish slatted wing E.  So now if/when the time comes I'll have my pick between Israeli, French (desert scheme), or South African IIICs, or a Belgian 5 BA/BR (probably BR because recce).

Lots of grandiose plans...now just need to find some time to build.  :rofl2:

7 hours ago, helios16v said:

Welp, the deed has been done.  2 more Mirage IIICs inbound along w/ some goodies (seats & pitots), paints for my Vietnam build, and a 1/72 F-4E kit to hack up for parts to convert one of my EJs into a Turkish slatted wing E.  So now if/when the time comes I'll have my pick between Israeli, French (desert scheme), or South African IIICs, or a Belgian 5 BA/BR (probably BR because recce).

Lots of grandiose plans...now just need to find some time to build.  :rofl2:

Now doesn't that feel better? :wicked:

My vote would be for the French desert scheme, those EC.3/10 Vexin jets got sooo duurrty!

Of course, for the purpose of this GB, all would be welcome but that filthy sable and chocolat over bleu ciel clair scheme has a certain je ne sais quoi...   ...just sayin' right! :whistle:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mig Eater said:

I've started making a 3D model of the AMX-50 Surblindé a French heavy tank prototype from the 1950's, which is what I'll probably build if the GB goes ahead. If not I'll probably 3D print & build it at some point next year anyway.

amx-50-series-11_1024x.jpg

amx50surb_3d_01.png

The old 3D printing is going to have us revisiting the 25% complete rule methinks.

On 8/14/2020 at 1:41 AM, Wez said:

Now doesn't that feel better? :wicked:

My vote would be for the French desert scheme, those EC.3/10 Vexin jets got sooo duurrty!

Of course, for the purpose of this GB, all would be welcome but that filthy sable and chocolat over bleu ciel clair scheme has a certain je ne sais quoi...   ...just sayin' right! :whistle:

The dirty goods have landed.  I'm now well stocked for this GB should it make it through.  Or if a Mirage III STGB comes about.  :mental:
It was on sale and I really liked some of the schemes.  Resistance was futile.  The overtrees was a cheaper way to get a second set of plastics...though I may need to track down another set of stencil decals.  I'll worry about that when I get there.

50247859178_ac00e67e63_c.jpg

• Like 1

I just checked the stash and there are some interesting French cars to be found.

I will join, the hard part will be which one.

In stash: Citroën 15 V, Delahaye 135, Bugatti T50, Bugatti T41 Royale Coupé Napoleon, Alpine A110.

Choices, choices🤔

Rob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rob,

Those are some great subjects, personally I favour the Alpine but I'm sure all of them would welcome.

Thanks for signing up.

Anyone else interested in signing up for this GB?

Land, sea, air or space - all welcome!

Made in France - welcome.

Made in France but used elsewhere - welcome.

Made elsewhere but used by the French - welcome.

In French markings - welcome.

You get the drift, come and joins us.

5 hours ago, Wez said:

What do the contents look like?

All the parts are in a single sprue.  It's clearly a short run kit but is still moulded quite nicely - with some problem areas. 

spacer.png

The ejection pins have left some towers and there seems to be areas of quite severe corrosion on the mould.

spacer.png

There's nothing to be concerned about though.  I'm looking forward to this. :bounce: 

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to do this one please! I'm carefully avoiding wartime French planes with that lovely "trois ton" camo but I might have the skills and the equipment by then...

• Thanks 1