They Also Serve 2020 Chat

12 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

So quick question for @Enzo Matrix and/or @Col.. How do operate in this build ? Do we start a build thread here sometime after the new year begins ? Or do we just post images of the finished builds here ? 

Dennis

12 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

That's entirely up to you.  The subforum will say open all year.

My intention is to treat it the same I would a build thread in a normal GB.   Yes... yes...   I know some of you have comments about how I post things to build threads!!!   :D  

I will probably put in a gallery thread, but not a poll.  The intention is to keep interest in the also-ran GBs going to help them in the next bunfight.

So that we can keep track of the builds, I think it would be a good idea to tag each build thread with the name of the relevant GB. 

How about if anyone wishing to create a Small Wars themed build thread tags me in it? I'm happy to provide some guidance and encouragement over the course of the next year if it generates interest and greater understanding of the GBs potential :) 

• Like 3

I’ve been thinking about this and perhaps it’s an ideal opportunity to start something a little on the large side. With a year up ones sleeve, it could be a nice slow burner in between those quicker GB builds within tighter timeframes. I’ll see what I’ve got to get the ball rolling. 

Cheers. Dave 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

I’ve been thinking about this and perhaps it’s an ideal opportunity to start something a little on the large side. With a year up ones sleeve, it could be a nice slow burner in between those quicker GB builds within tighter timeframes. I’ll see what I’ve got to get the ball rolling. 

Cheers. Dave 

Now that’s a good idea and a great way to upset SWMBO with much use of the table.  Now what was on the list?

Edited by Hockeyboy76
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

Nice one V-P.

@Rabbit Leader I will join you with a build from @Col. 90’s NATO. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Nice one V-P.

@Rabbit Leader I will join you with a build from @Col. 90’s NATO. 

Excellent :) As I mentioned for Small Wars so it is for 90s NATO Vs Warsaw Pact; tag my name in your build thread and I'll do what I can to assist ;)

By the way, there's hasn't been a previous Small Wars GB, this was to be the first edition, so why is it down as Small Wars II? :hmmm:

1 hour ago, Col. said:

Excellent :) As I mentioned for Small Wars so it is for 90s NATO Vs Warsaw Pact; tag my name in your build thread and I'll do what I can to assist ;)

By the way, there's hasn't been a previous Small Wars GB, this was to be the first edition, so why is it down as Small Wars II? :hmmm:

Will do, just need El Presidenta  @Rabbit Leader to pull his finger out of his :rant: and over throw @Enzo Matrix for control of this thread. 

Viva la revolution :mike:

Edited by Hockeyboy76
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Col. said:

1) short 90's for the Warsaw Pact, by the way, better to call it just 90's NATO :winkgrin:

2) I believe a Britmodeller called Col. re-named the thread when he re-started Col.lecting names for a second push, after the notorious merger with SCW and something-I-can't-remember-what failed and thus we couldn't get the free ride like other 2019 GB:s got. Did I remember correctly? :hmmm:

Edit: something like that, yes, and I also found out I had signed in as a co-host for the original Small Wars GB proposal :coolio:

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Will do, just need El Presidenta  @Rabbit Leader to pull his finger out of his :rant: and over throw @Enzo Matrix for control of this thread. 

Dare say Enzo The Great is fully engaged in other stuff such as not updating his WiP threads 'cause he's too busy building the models and trying to dodge @trickyrich's attempts to stalk him with terrible jokes :lol: In the meantime I'll do what I can.

15 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

1) short 90's for the Warsaw Pact, by the way, better to call it just 90's NATO :winkgrin:

2) I believe a Britmodeller called Col. re-named the thread when he re-started Col.lecting names for a second push, after the notorious merger with SCW and something-I-can't-remember-what failed and thus we couldn't get the free ride like other 2019 GB:s got. Did I remember correctly? :hmmm:

1) Fair point :thumbsup:

2) Ah, right enough, that makes sense :doh:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Col. said:

Dare say Enzo The Great is fully engaged in other stuff such as not updating his WiP threads 'cause he's too busy building the models and trying to dodge @trickyrich's attempts to stalk him with terrible jokes :lol: In the meantime I'll do what I can.

Whatever you do don’t upset El Presidenta @Rabbit Leader:mike: 

He volunteered to lead, @JOCKNEY and myself both heard him. :wicked:

Even @nimrod54 is scared of him, and he’s nails and builds 1/144!

Edited by Hockeyboy76
  • Haha 3

With our Dear Leader @Rabbit Leader' s permission, I have the following planned for this forum

Post War British AFVs:   Korean Cromwell,   Comet

Small Wars:   Ethiopian Mig-17,  Somalian Mig-17.   Ogaden War dogfight double

Anything But Injection:   Accurate Armour resin Saladin.

Stranger In Town:   ETPS Alpha Jet

plus a couple of others that I'm thinking about.   As this is a year long forum, a voice in my head is screaming maniacally "Hellcat!"    I'm trying to ignore it, but I'm starting to think that a 1/24 Hellcat in FAA colours might be a Yank Abroad. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

With our Dear Leader @Rabbit Leader' s permission, I have the following planned for this forum

Post War British AFVs:   Korean Cromwell,   Comet

Anything But Injection:   Accurate Armour resin Saladin.

Stranger In Town:   ETPS Alpha Jet

plus a couple of others that I'm thinking about.   As this is a year long forum, a voice in my head is screaming maniacally "Hellcat!"    I'm trying to ignore it, but I'm starting to think that a 1/24 Hellcat in FAA colours might be a Yank Abroad. 

Those MiG-17s sound interesting and there's certainly no shortage of schemes for it. Sure the Airfix kit will sell well when it arrives.

Having a full year to play in these GBs also makes the 24th scale Airfix Hellcat a potential option :D Plus you can always do a few more in the forthcoming Hellcat STGB ;) 

is @Rabbit Leader coup a peaceful one or a fully blown bum fight??? :fight:

Enzo can run but he can't hide!!

What do elephants sing at christmas?

Noel-ephants, Noel-ephants... Who do elephants get their christmas presents from? Elephanta Claus!

.................:ninja:

31 minutes ago, Col. said:

This one...

Am I putting your name on the list?

I could be interested in this one too. Before VF-31 became VF-31, it was VF-6 who swapped designations with VF-3 to become FV-3(all very confusing ) anyway they operated F6F-5's  Hellcats! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

Another Bum Fight? Bum Fight II Game on! :lol:

18 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

I could be interested in this one too. Before VF-31 became VF-31, it was VF-6 who swapped designations with VF-3 to become FV-3(all very confusing ) anyway they operated F6F-5's  Hellcats! :D

I'll put your name on the list Rich :D 

13 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Enzo can run but he can't hide!!

It’s a fully blown bum fight, he’s got Enzo in a headlock, and you should see the extremely painful Chinese burn he gave me!

All Hail El Presidenta @Rabbit Leader  

Why couldn’t the two elephants go swimming together?
Because they only had one pair of trunks!

What do you get when an elephant sky dives?
A big hole.

30 minutes ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

It’s a fully blown bum fight, he’s got Enzo in a headlock, and you should see the extremely painful Chinese burn he gave me!

A Chinese bum burn!?!

• Haha 4

On 04/12/2019 at 19:27, Enzo Matrix said:

Super Mystere B2, Mig 17    Six Day War dogfight double

I see a lot of Mig-17s in my immediate future...

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Super Mystere B2, Mig 17    Six Day War dogfight double

I see a lot of Mig-17s in my immediate future...

Ah this one it is! This is kinda double-They Also Serve build as it's also a reminder of The Duel that didn't make it, was it, two years ago?

• Like 2