They Also Serve 2020 Chat

Well, the bunfight is over for the year.  It was pretty brutal!  :fight:

A lot of people put a great deal of effort into proposing and promoting the various groupbuilds but sadly half of all the groupbuilds in the poll did not make the cut.  As GB moderator, I see the effort that people put in and I'm very aware of the disappointment when a favourite GB doesn't make the grade.  If I could, I would give 'em all a slot! 

I always recommend that everyone find a way to honour the also-rans in their builds throughout the year and that still stands.  However this year, I'm going to try something new.

In the GB forum, there will be a sub-forum called They Also Serve.  This will not be a regular GB.  It will simply be an area where people can show the builds that they had planned for the also-rans.  The forum will open on 1 Jan and close on 31 Dec. 

Yes, you could use the oridinary WIP forums for these builds, but I thought it might be nice to keep all the GB related stuff in one place.

One thing to beware of.  When I was a kid, my parents would tell me not to eat sweets before a meal as it would spoil my appetite.  Same thing applies here.  The also-rans have a bye into the bunfight for 2021, so try not to build so musch stuff that it spoils your enthusiam should some of these GBs make it through to 2021. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 7

11 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

They Also Serve is a fine idea - thanks.

But . . .

11 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

The also-rans have a bye into the bunfight for 2021, so try not to build so musch stuff that it spoils your enthusiam should some of these GBs make it through to 2021. 

is this bit?  Comments that I've made in support of 2020GBs are for 2020 only.

If the kit remains unbuilt and available, I'll reconsider for 2021 - that's not guaranteed, thus I'd like to re-validate any comments.

That's entirely up to you.  The subforum will say open all year.

My intention is to treat it the same I would a build thread in a normal GB.   Yes... yes...   I know some of you have comments about how I post things to build threads!!!   :D  

I will probably put in a gallery thread, but not a poll.  The intention is to keep interest in the also-ran GBs going to help them in the next bunfight.

So that we can keep track of the builds, I think it would be a good idea to tag each build thread with the name of the relevant GB. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1