Jump to content

They Also Serve 2020 Chat


Recommended Posts

As noted here

 

 

 

just been pointed over in this direction after Whifs aren't allowed in the Lanc STGB so in order to use the Lancaster bits left over from the Python Lincoln I started in the Frog Squad GB pencil me in for the year long campaign to have a go at the High Speed Lancaster Mailplane Project as per the line drawing on Page 41 in the Harleyford book on the Lancaster

 

48721472351_bb19853c0f_b.jpg  

 

Again no promises especially if 2020 proves to be as big a pain in the posterior as 2019 was what with moving and illness etc. 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Rob S said:

As noted here

 

 

 

just been pointed over in this direction after Whifs aren't allowed in the Lanc STGB so in order to use the Lancaster bits left over from the Python Lincoln I started in the Frog Squad GB pencil me in for the year long campaign to have a go at the High Speed Lancaster Mailplane Project as per the line drawing on Page 41 in the Harleyford book on the Lancaster

 

48721472351_bb19853c0f_b.jpg  

 

Again no promises especially if 2020 proves to be as big a pain in the posterior as 2019 was what with moving and illness etc. 

 

This looks brilliant in sooo many ways!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Trust you to come up with something that’s way beyond OOB (like I told you you should - @Rob S). This does look very interesting all the same, just trying to work out what GB category does this one belong too? 
 

Cheers and good luck.. Dave 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Mjwomack said:

This looks brilliant in sooo many ways!

 

 

Yes it does but as I wrote - No Promises!  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

This does look very interesting all the same, just trying to work out what GB category does this one belong too?

 

Oh no!  You missed out on your Observation Badge!  The (BIG) hint is in the "As noted here :"!  

 

(Looks like I've become the Observation Badge equivalent of the 'Soup Nazi" - "No Observation Badge for You!".)  

 

(And just to explain the Rules in that one I think it says up to 25 percent Injection Moulded so if I use up the Wings off the Lanc somehow the rest has to equate to 75 percent of other materials - Tube Fuselage, Metal (Tricycle of course!) Undercarriage, Vacuform Transparencies, Wooden Doobrie, and anything else I can think of to get up to the 75 percent figure!)  

 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I see @Rob S, I’ll send up some Razor Blades and Band aids, you might need these products as well!!

Cheers and good luck.. Dave 

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Aw and You missed the oblique late 70s early 80s reference!  No Oblique Reference Badge for You!  

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

@Giorgio N would you accept an American WW2 bomber, that was based in Essex, England as eligible to "Stranger In Town"? V-P

 

Originally I had not considered this kind of subjects, as my idea was focused more on the presence of foreign materials and personnel within the British armed forces.

The matter of US types in US service operating from UK bases was not brought to my attention back then, so I can't remember having given any thought to the matter

Today however I feel that this may well be an interesting addition to the original rules of the GB, afterall the many USAAF crewmen were indeed in those days "strangers" in the UK towns and their presence often had positive and negative impact on the local population. So I'd say yes, go ahead with it.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Giorgio, I will try to build it alongside the Lancaster in its STGB! It'll kind of a "Double They Also Served" as the Night and Day failed to reach even The Vote 😩.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's quite obvious, isn't it? Anyway, as long as the Mustang is unfinished, these are only ideas. I do have a commitment to build one B-17 in the VE-VJ GB so I may spare it there... As I came across another glorious and magnificent project that would combine Nordic, Small Wars, Yanks Abroad, 90's NATO and KUTA GB:s :coolio:. We'll see...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

...I came across another glorious and magnificent project that would combine Nordic, Small Wars, Yanks Abroad, 90's NATO and KUTA GB:s :coolio:. We'll see...

Interesting. Something from the Bosnian War perhaps?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Some inspiration for anyone thinking of a Small Wars themed project :) 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Col. said:

 

 

That has gotta be one of the scariest things I've ever seen!   :yikes: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

What the do import them ? I don't think they're indigenous to South America ? 

I guess because they are ideal for traversing the swamp lands after criminals :shrug:

 

13 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

That has gotta be one of the scariest things I've ever seen!   :yikes: 

It'd certainly make me behave myself :lol: 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

I used to lodge with a dog handling policeman and his wife and he used to bring his dog home.

If they do the same thing in Brazil, you are going to need a big sofa when that thing cuddles up amongst the cushions !

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

I hope the Police are responsible and “scoop the poop”

Need a shovel and some BIG bags for that task.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Col. said:

Need a shovel and some BIG bags for that task.

I was thinking more JCB than Jiffy bags 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

hello...someone mention my name??? :D

 

if you were you after press:

 

1, bad jokes

2, ...it's all Col./Enzo's fault, they made me do it!  :tease:

3, me providing inspirational thoughts of wisdom :pope:

4, or me just being annoying as usual!  :thumbsup:

 

I actually did an emergency order of supplies yesterday just to cover my modelling needs for the next few week. Actually have enough outstanding project to last me a year in isolation! :D

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest I think there's a good enough variety of GBs happening at the moment to satisfy everyone's interests and it's keeping the mods rather busy :frantic:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, trickyrich said:

hello...someone mention my name??? :D

 

if you were you after press:

 

1, bad jokes

2, ...it's all Col./Enzo's fault, they made me do it!  :tease:

3, me providing inspirational thoughts of wisdom :pope:

4, or me just being annoying as usual!  :thumbsup:

 

 

 

 

Urrrrrrrrm 🧐

1-3-4

Hello....... Hello....... He’s hung up on me.

Must be his idea of being Inspirational, annoying, and leaving with a bad joke. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...