1/32nd Mi-24V Hind E - 0705 Czech Air Force

I'll be straight up and say while I really like the final product getting there wasn't easy. I was so excited to get this model and this scheme was a must, but as is so often with Trumpeter models it was a bit of a letdown!! Plus it needs and requires lots of extras to take it from being quite "toy" like.

The scheme I love and those that know me know I couldn't resist it.......even if it took 6 hours to mask up using masks.

Would I do it again, I probably would, but I would need to have the resin cockpit and cargo bay bits first.  

Please enjoy

Model: Trumpeter 1/32nd Mil Mi-24V Hind E

Paint: Tamiya & Mr Hobby Acrylics, Model Master Metalizer Lacquers,  Mr. Paint Clear lacquers

Extras:

Eduard - BigEd set

DN Models – Tiger camouflage Mask set

Master Model – Gun Barrel & DUAS set

Profimodeller – Wheels & Tow Bar set

Profimodeller – Side Flare Dispenser set

PART – Cockpit PE set

PART – Cargo Interior set

PART – Exterior set

Reskit – BD3-57KRV Pylons

Reskit – B8V20-A Rocket Launcher

IMG_3949-XL.jpg

IMG_3938-XL.jpg

IMG_3940-XL.jpg

IMG_3943-XL.jpg

IMG_3946-XL.jpg

IMG_3951-XL.jpg

IMG_3952-XL.jpg

IMG_3954-XL.jpg

IMG_3959-XL.jpg

IMG_3965-XL.jpg

IMG_3972-XL.jpg

Plus she took out 1st place in her class at the end of year comp.

IMG_3936-XL.jpg

• Like 41

Huh, so many details, don't know where to look first!

Cockpit is full to the teeth, really look busy.

I like burnt metal effect on engine exhausts, while dust footmarks on cargo doors are also very nice touch (although they might be just a touch with fingers? :D)

Well done mate, on to the new projects now :)

Oh, and congrats for the 1st place!

Cheers,

S.

• Thanks 1

That is a really brilliant build, absolutely stunning. The canopy and cockpit are great, love the camo scheme.

How long do you think you spent on the build ?

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, paulj said:

That is a really brilliant build, absolutely stunning. The canopy and cockpit are great, love the camo scheme.

How long do you think you spent on the build ?

thanks

around 2 months to do, I had other projects on the go as well......plus work interfered in the end as well. All the PE stuff took the longest, especially in the cabin....which you can barely see!

Fantastic build. From the overall impression and striking paintwork down to the myriad tiny details. How you kept such a fine, uniform finish over such a large and detailed model deserves a medal of its own.

A well-deserved award winner 👏👏👏

Alan

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alan P said:

Fantastic build. From the overall impression and striking paintwork down to the myriad tiny details. How you kept such a fine, uniform finish over such a large and detailed model deserves a medal of its own.

A well-deserved award winner 👏👏👏

Alan

Thanks.

Actually it was really hard, at first I was really unhappy with the finish and I wasn't too sure how far to go with the weathering. In the end I just decided to go with some light staining from the exhausts and and a bit of grim from the panel wash. That and the clear coats seemed to bring it all together. She's the biggest single finish I've done so far, plus it was all done with a 0.02mm needle airbrush.

• Like 1