Republic Seabee - 1/72nd Mach 2 injected plastic kit

Size isn't everything @Marklo - at least I keep telling my self that.....

I'm afraid that's a myth, I've been told candidly many times that it does.....

But I'm happy with my diminutive Seabee, means I can get more builds on the shelf before I have to put up my new Ikea Billy book case.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Marklo said:

I'm afraid that's a myth, I've been told candidly many times that it does.....

But I'm happy with my diminutive Seabee, means I can get more builds on the shelf before I have to put up my new Ikea Billy book case.

It's not the scale you work on, it's what you do with it.

(So told me my 1/72 figures to say to you)

IMG_7857+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, janneman36 said:

What a stunning Classic color scheme this is👀

cheers, Jan

13 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

Wow! That is one colorful scheme! Looks like a Pumpkin GR1!

Mike

Thanks to you both.

As soon as I saw the planes of the Fish and Wildlife service I liked them very much. The contrast of the colors and some elegance to it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Who says Mach2 kits are unbuildable

I DO! 🤣

Glad you enjoyed the thread.

I almost did too 😉

Seriously: I have seen a few Mach 2 kits first hand that I wouldn't touch even with a stick.

This one looked more promising, and yes, it can be built... but not without some hard work and dealing in some way with that awful transparency it comes with (and replacing that deforemd prop, and...).

Cheers

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Moa said:

I DO! 🤣

Glad you enjoyed the thread.

I almost did too 😉

Seriously: I have seen a few Mach 2 kits first hand that I wouldn't touch even with a stick.

This one looked more promising, and yes, it can be built... but not without some hard work and dealing in some way with that awful transparency it comes with (and replacing that deforemd prop, and...).

Cheers

I'll second you on that motion, I have the Mach 2 AJ-2 Savage and it is horrendous, but it's also one of two plastic kits of that aircraft, so what is one to do.

11 minutes ago, Knb.1451 said:

so what is one to do.

Find a Rareplanes AJ-2- it goes together  a lot easier than the Mach 2 kit, believe me!

Mike

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/rareplane-rp8002-north-american-aj-2-aj-2p-savage--121927

We now return you to the program  in progress!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Moa,

Too late for your build, but maybe useful for future projects or to put in your archives. (As if anybody would be crazy or masochistic enough to build TWO of these little spuds!) This actually popped up when I was searching for photos of Do-215 engine cowlings- go figure! See the link below for some Seabee engine conversion photos as well as a very nice photo of the original Franklin powerplant. The second link is to the homepage, and you can see photos of many Seabees; the Twin Seabee looks like it was made for you to replicate!  Small gifts as  payment for all the modeling and viewing pleasure you have posted.

Mike

http://www.seabee.info/seabee_engine_conversions.htm

http://www.seabee.info/seabee_mods.htm

Edited by 72modeler
added link
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

@Moa,

Too late for your build, but maybe useful for future projects or to put in your archives. (As if anybody would be crazy or masochistic enough to build TWO of these little spuds!) This actually popped up when I was searching for photos of Do-215 engine cowlings- go figure! See the link below for some Seabee engine conversion photos as well as a very nice photo of the original Franklin powerplant. The second link is to the homepage, and you can see photos of many Seabees; the Twin Seabee looks like it was made for you to replicate!  Small gifts as  payment for all the modeling and viewing pleasure you have posted.

Mike

http://www.seabee.info/seabee_engine_conversions.htm

http://www.seabee.info/seabee_mods.htm

Hi Mike

This was one of my sources during research for the model.

The original engine is the one I replicated for it.

Engine conversions many times imply other modifications (wing tips, among others), so it's good to have if possible photos of the intended plane from several angles.

I am sure these links will help other modelers, thanks for posting them.

Cheers

44 minutes ago, Moa said:

Hi Mike

This was one of my sources during research for the model.

The original engine is the one I replicated for it.

Engine conversions many times imply other modifications (wing tips, among others), so it's good to have if possible photos of the intended plane from several angles.

I am sure these links will help other modelers, thanks for posting them.

Cheers

Sorry- I should have known better! You do internet research like I do, evidently- we're both slightly off  of the centerline! 😥

Mike

• Haha 1