Valom Kits Good Bad or Ugly

AltcarBoB

3 hours ago, general melchett said:

have a feeling it could well be this aircraft.

1-zof-RDj-C.jpg

Interesting to see the spats removed.

Thank you, indeed it looks same. Where this profile come from? Is the emblem/nose art available in better resolution by chance?

In Valom kite the decal set contains some nose art, but I think different

10564383b2_m.jpg

They are basically the same, here are some clearer images...These photographs seem to have been taken at the same time as the other one, (April 1945), I think Graham's right and the lightened effect on the nose may well be sunlight.

1-3932890.jpg

1-4067458-001.jpg

The motto reads  'Mairzy Doats Uber Deutschland'

Edited by general melchett
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

The Mairzy Doats logo should be in the kit as I emailed  a large jpeg to Vaclav with an explanation it was in a language other then Czech or English.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mairzy_Doats

I know a ditty nutty as a fruitcake Goofy as a goon and silly as a loon Some call it pretty, others call it crazy But they all sing this tune: Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you? Yes! Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you? If the words sound queer and funny to your ear, a little bit jumbled and jivey Sing "Mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy" Oh! Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you-oo? A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you?

• Like 3

On 12/5/2019 at 3:08 AM, Graham Boak said:

Reputedly during the Ardennes offensive, with fear of German infiltrators in Allied uniforms, one GI manning a road block tried to get a British General to sing Mairzy Doats to prove he wasn't a Kraut.

I read that and pictured a cold wet GI. He had about two weeks of stubble, grizzled look on the face. Maybe with a lucky strike, Camel, or possibly a cigar hanging out of the corner of his mouth. He's holding a Tommy gun or a  maybe a Garand. Somehow you get the impression he's from Joisey ... New Joisey that is. Most of all you get the impression he isn't joking with his request. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The kit has arrived and by gum its going to be a long fuselage 32cm long without the nose and tail fairings which will probably add another 5 cm. Problem is the kit comes with the gun turrets and I am sort of thinking instead of the Sparrow transport what about a Long Aerial Mine layer or was it a night bomber never quite worked out what it was

49184423231_88ecef4c5e_c.jpgIMG_20191207_150202911 by Stuart, on Flickr

49183929983_a8fb95396e_c.jpgIMG_20191207_150104996 by Stuart, on Flickr

• Like 1

what about a Long Aerial Mine layer or was it a night bomber never quite worked out what it was

They were basically six standard Harrow II bombers, (pretty well obsolete at the time) used by No. 420 Flight RAF, in 1940/41 during Operation 'Mutton', to tow Long Aerial Mines (LAM) into the path of enemy bombers. 

Great description of their use linked here

Harrow and LAM use

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/12/2019 at 21:44, modelldoc said:

The main problem are the landing gear, but it is soluble

No wonder the landing gear is a problem if it's at risk of dissolving in water😜

• Haha 5