1/72 DAF Beaufort Mk.VIII, Special Hobby

Fuad

Hi Fuad,

outstanding Beaufort! Great model building and superb paint job!

Congratulations!

JR

10 hours ago, stevehnz said:

A beautiful job there Fuad. Oh, but that someone would bring one out as a main stream kit, not that I would hope to achieve your great results, however good the kit may be. :)

Steve.

There is the old FROG one. It has its issues but it would go together easily. There was a resin set of engine cowls available to correct its most serious accuracy error.

• Like 1

Lovely Beaufort Fuad - it's unusual to see this kit built to such a high standard! Love your attention to detail and the exquisite weathering you have achieved. Maybe could have done with a little more of a flat on the wheels to make it look less "stilty".

Cheers

Malcolm

Fuad,

Another beautiful build of a kit that is allegedly quite a challenge, from what I have read, but you have done a very nice job with yours. You don't see many built and the WIP's all mention what a challenge it is, especially the transparencies. I  have a small suggestion- it looks to me like the kit prop blades are too wide in chord and could be improved quite a bit by some re-shaping.  This is not meant  to criticize or denigrate what you have done, but as a suggestion on how to take this outstanding model up another level. See the link to a photo that might better show you what I mean. The Curtiss Electric propellers and hubs were very distinctive in appearance and added to the P&W R-1830 engines fitted to the Mk VIII gave it a very aggressive look compared to the Taurus-engined versions with DH props and hubs.

Mike

http://www.adf-gallery.com.au/gallery/Beaufort/15_Squadron_Middleburg_Island_c_1945_Beaufort_Mk_VIII_A9_510_DD_S_Salome?full=1

I don't know why, but molding correctly shaped  props and hubs seems to be a common issue with a lot of kit makers.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

Fuad,

Another beautiful build of a kit that is allegedly quite a challenge, from what I have read, but you have done a very nice job with yours. You don't see many built and the WIP's all mention what a challenge it is, especially the transparencies. I  have a small suggestion- it looks to me like the kit prop blades are too wide in chord and could be improved quite a bit by some re-shaping.  This is not meant  to criticize or denigrate what you have done, but as a suggestion on how to take this outstanding model up another level. See the link to a photo that might better show you what I mean. The Curtiss Electric propellers and hubs were very distinctive in appearance and added to the P&W R-1830 engines fitted to the Mk VIII gave it a very aggressive look compared to the Taurus-engined versions with DH props and hubs.

Mike

http://www.adf-gallery.com.au/gallery/Beaufort/15_Squadron_Middleburg_Island_c_1945_Beaufort_Mk_VIII_A9_510_DD_S_Salome?full=1

I don't know why, but molding correctly shaped  props and hubs seems to be a common issue with a lot of kit makers.

I completely agree with you. I have built this same kit last year for a friend and it's definitely not an easy kit to build, like you said the clear parts are the main issue. Fuad did a very good job on his.

Here is what I have achieved on mine:

http://armouredsprue.blogspot.com/2018/09/raaf-bristol-beaufort-mkviii-special.html

spacer.png

Outstanding paint and weatheringa s usual Fuad, cheers!

Edited by ArmouredSprue
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Fuad,

Mike

You are absolutely right about the width of the blades. The fact is that my blades (those in the kit) were badly damaged and I was forced to replace them from spare parts. I ask you to agree with me that remodeling the six blades so that they are exactly the same - is too risky.

• Like 2

That is a perfectly executed build of a tricky kit. I really love your quality paint work & weathering. 

I built this a few years ago with the other Australian markings to yours in the kit & mine is nowhere near as good as yours.

Martin