A-4P Skyhawk, 1/72 Airfix, Falklands War 1982

Here is another model from my Falklands War collection - 1/72 Douglas A-4P Skyhawk C-212 of V Brigada Aerea Fuerza Aerea Argentina, Rio Gallegos AB, May 1982. 

Airfix` kit, which needs a lot of work to look like A-4B.  Built at the same time as my A-4Q - report here:

https://www.pwm.org.pl/viewtopic.php?f=851&t=87504

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think that it`s the last Skyhawk I`ve ever built. Now I have 3 in my collection: A-4C, A-4Q and A-4P:

spacer.png

The other 2 models were also presented in this forum:

A-4C Skyhawk 1/72 Fujimi

A-4Q Skyhawk 1/72 Airfix

Thank you for your attention!

• Like 36

8 hours ago, Cariado said:

Yeah those are some very nice Skyhawks.

Maybe a Sea Harrier next? In keeping with the Falklands theme... 🙂

Yes, in fact I plan to build 3 Sea Harriers (1x 1/72 Italeri, 1x 1/72 Airfix and 1x 1/48 Kinetic), but first I want to finish my 1/72 "Black Buck" Vulcan B.2 before Airfix will release their new kit. 😎

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235012564-avro-vulcan-b2-xm607-black-buck-172-airfix/

I don`t know how many lifes will I need to finish all kits in my stash, but over 20 of them are for my Falklands War collection, including 3x Sea Harrier, 2x Chinook, Dagger, Mirage IIIEA, 2x Lynx, Pucara, Wessex HU.5, Scout, Gazelle, Wasp, Neptune, Victor, 2x Sea King, Tracker, Nimrod, Hercules, Puma, Alouette III, MB.339, Learjet 35A, UH-1, Canberra etc. 😋 

For now I`ve finished only 7: those 3 Skyhawks, Harrier GR.3, T-34C Turbo Mentor, Super Etendard and Wessex HAS.3. Vulcan should be 8th.

PS: Thank you for your comments, guys!

Beautiful collection, every model has a story behind and all finished exceptionally well.

Regarding the model, i like very much weathering, it is on a little strong side but looking at the original pictures, they really looks quite used...

Again, i like your work a lot, very nice A4's

Regards Djordje

😍 NNNNNNOOOIIICEEE...!!! Really impressed by the finish and look on this Scooter warrior.

You know what, Alex? I bet you could make this bird look even better if you scrapped the paint off the base of the windshield.

Congratulations on a work very well done!

Cheers,

Unc2