1/35 Tamiya Opel Blitz +++COMPLETED+++

BIG X

OK - I hope I've picked the better one of each head - but there is no going back now - a quick 'mock up'...

OPEL0109.jpg

I think I've done enough for today - I'm just going to sit and watch them work for a while...

They still need a gloss coat - followed by some very subtle cap/shoulder insignia - more gloss - a wash of some sorts and finally a bit of matt - this could take all week :)

Thanks for all the useful tips and banter - Steve

• Like 9

It all looks very good. The inks seem to make plastic convincingly woody. Makes me think I should give it a try as well at some point.

What products did you use to paint the brass shells? They do look like a real metal.

Kristjan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vaoinas said:

It all looks very good. The inks seem to make plastic convincingly woody. Makes me think I should give it a try as well at some point.

What products did you use to paint the brass shells? They do look like a real metal.

Kristjan

Hi Kristjan - the shells look real - because they are real - I would love to say I was that good - but I'm not and cheat where possible...

tamiya-35182.jpg

They come unpainted and I just painted the projectile bits black.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well it's Saturday again and during the week I succumbed to 'shiny new thing' syndrome - so I need to wrap the Opel up - so I can butcher something new :lol:

Sadly I don't seem to be achieving anything during the working week - I get home each night and I'm totally wiped out at present - so weekends seem more precious than ever at the moment.

All I got done during the week was glossing the loaders - but they still need a wash on their fatigues...

OPEL0110.jpg

I got the top of the cab & windscreen in...

OPEL0111.jpg

..and finally I got the little searchlight in place...

OPEL0112.jpg

Not a lot of progress to be sure, but the only thing left to fit was the doors so I guess I'm almost done anyway.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Robert Jan Scholte v. Mast said:

Hello Steve. You have to lower the triangle on the cab, unless the Blitz is towing a trailer. If not, it has to be lowered, forward.

Kind regards,

Robert Jan

Hi Robert - I'm 'ignoring' that mistake and blaming it on firmly on Tamiya - as the box art shows it in the up position - whilst not towing anything.

The other scenario is 'lazy driver syndrome' - as they couldn't be bothered to lower it :lol:

Seriously though it is firmly 'welded' in the up position :shrug: but - I may build something worth towing at some point soon.

Steve

For now - I've attached the doors in the open position and loaded the truck bed with boxes and stolen some of my Wehrmacht tank crew - who are inspecting the cargo and looking for something to shoot in the distance...

OPEL0113.jpg

OPEL0114.jpg

OPEL0115.jpg

OPEL0116.jpg

• Like 8

Whoops - forgot the 'cargo' shots...

OPEL0117.jpg

OPEL0118.jpg

OPEL0120.jpg

OPEL0119.jpg

I guess I'll do a proper RFI at some point - but I want to finish the tank loaders first - anyway - this will do for now.

• Like 10

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 09:19, vaoinas said:

Kristjan

Thanks Kristjan - it's the first time I have I have tried to make my 'wood' more 'woody'.

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Looking tiptop Steve, I definitely need to build one of these.

Thanks Ozzy - if I have inspired you I am sure it will be top notch.

3 hours ago, Hamden said:

That turned out really rather nicely! Great build and stunning paintwork, looking forward to the next project now

Roger 

Thanks Roger - like most of us I'm always looking at the next build - I often think it is a bit negative - but then again we are all just kids and all we want is the next treat :lol:

3 hours ago, Robert Jan Scholte v. Mast said:

Top Job Steve! I'm already light years behind, but I will pop up soon, to show where I am with the Blitz Twins,(I hope).

Robert - thanks for understanding the mistake on the towing signal - I look forward to the completion of your twin build - they are looking exceptional.

3 hours ago, JeroenS said:

Great build Steve!

Thanks mate - you have inspired me to have a go at an engine - I will try not to let you down ;)

• Like 3

Aye up Steve.

Great job on the Blitz. I reakon the tank crew are robbing the stowage and the bloke with the bino's is on the lookout for the Quatermaster Sergeant! :wicked:

Regards,

Steve

• Haha 2

Anyway - the new 'object of my affection' is...

OPEL0121.jpg

...quite an ambitious project - even though it will be simple build - I want to do some 'improvements' - doubtless I'll mess it up as usual - but I hope it will be fun.

I'm hoping the book will help - we will see eh :lol:

Thanks for looking In  - Steve

• Like 4

Excellent job mate - looks brilliant!

The kubelwagen looks like an interesting project - will be following along intently.

All the best 

Ben

• Thanks 1

• BIG X changed the title to 1/35 Tamiya Opel Blitz +++COMPLETED+++