The Kinetic F-104G, what's the verdict?

RobertF

8 hours ago, RobertF said:

Well, as the title implies, I am curious to know if anyone has already seen and built this new kit.

Robert

Well it looked good in the box.

I have one. It's nice but does not make the Hasagawa/Revell redundant, especially if you have the Daco upgrade flying surfaces. Its a bit like the Eduard vs Airfix P51. It's better, but not £15 quid better. 

Edited by BushBrit66
  • Like 2

It’s a beautiful kit!  I have three of them here.  The only disappointment is that they didn’t include accurate CF-104 parts (skinny wheels/tyres and ECM blisters - and dare I hope - a Vinten camera pod and some US nukes?).  But overall it’s a really nice kit.  I like the surface detail a lot more than the old Hasegawa kit, and I don’t have to spend $75 on a Daco correction set for it.

Great kit for sure. It's not cheap (but not expensive either) - but it's very nice and detailed and builds up very well without any major issues. Only minus points for the manual - it's a cheap black & white thing (coloured one available on the website, makes me wonder why it isn't included with the kit). Also some mistakes with the paint codes. But other than that, instructions themselves are clear. 

On 12/2/2019 at 12:35 AM, BushBrit66 said:

I have one. It's nice but does not make the Hasagawa/Revell redundant, especially if you have the Daco upgrade flying surfaces. Its a bit like the Eduard vs Airfix P51. It's better, but not £15 quid better. 

Interesting comparison on price!

I think it can't get more expensive than Hasegawa/(Revell)/Italeri/Eduard + DACO!!

If you want a later Italian or Canadian variant, then there is no other option though currently!