26 decals -Advice wanted

I have got some lovely looking transfers for a Trans Maldivian Airways DH6 floatplane that I'm building in the floatplanes GB. I've never used transfers from them before and there are quite large areas to be covered, so thought I'd asking if anyone can give me advice on how to get the best out of them. Or anything to watch out for. 

Thanks

On 11/30/2019 at 10:24 AM, bentwaters81tfw said:

26 Decals are site members here, why not drop him a PM for advice?

Thanks, however, I've tried but they cannot receive PMs. 

I posted here as I've seen a few builds using their decals and thought others'experiences would be helpful. 

I'm not familiar with the sheet you have but 26 Decals make a quality product. In the past they made both laser and screen printed decals but at the start of November Ray discontinued the whole laser range. (Personally I think that's a pity but I'm sure he had good reasons).

There isn't anything in particular to watch out for. If your sheet is laser printed the decals need to be cut out individually and applied on a white background but that's standard procedure with all laser decals whoever makes them. The ease of use the screen printed decals can vary slightly depending on who did the printing. Anything printed by BOA Agencies should be fine but some of the older sheets can be a bit reluctant to conform to curves or bed into panel lines. It's nothing major but I was slightly caught out by a BOAC Super VC-10 sheet a couple of years ago. 

Dave G

• Like 2