-POLIKARPOV I-15 - 1/48 -SPECIAL HOBBY

- To end the serie of POLIKARPOV products , here is the I-15 photos taken under an unexpected downpour.

Waterdrops can been seen on the upper surfaces of the wings, no photoshop here with immaculate white background and models looking too perfect to be credible...

DmtlBi.jpg

54UjVB.jpg

EAopZU.jpg

01UMYc.jpg

bVZ2HW.jpg

IvATbZ.jpg

vvmFHU.jpg

- - Autumn rainbow over Vladivos..Tulle  ( my town)

CuX7kk.jpg

• Like 23

On 11/30/2019 at 6:14 PM, Greg Law said:

Nice one. I like the weathering you have there...... did you get help from above?...😎

- Many thanks Greg, but I think the Allmighty has many other things to do than taking care of an awfull missbelieving modeller what ever, if  he does I thank him, it could be usefull....WHO KNOWS.....??

On 11/30/2019 at 6:17 PM, Gary Brantley said:

The model looks great and I love the pics as well. 🍷 Thanks for showing it with the raindrops; I've often wanted to arrange a photo session at our airport either during or after a rain.   I now have a good idea of how that looks!  :clap2:

- Thank you  Gary,  I took the photos of this model in the same time the one taken for my UT-4 posted previously and the effects are very different on each models, the rain fall was unexpected but as the way from my home was done, I decided to stay there and go on what ever the result so it is a very welcome and good surprise to read your comment.

- On the metal painted one, raindrops remain visible as they are not on the matt camouflaged  paint of the UT-4 excepted may be on the cowling and  steel painted propeller . The drop could be more conspicious on a bright surface but I think the look is not realist, only the dark cloudy background may give a special atmosphere of the photo..

oFlJbb.jpg

• Like 4

Beside the rain drops it is a nicely done model. I did the I153 in a Finnish scheme last year. It was one of my favorite models. Unfortunately it didn't turn out a nice as yours because it was done before I discovered I was using the wrong glue for the rigging.  I might do it again one day. 

I don't think I have ever seen a UT-4, your's looks wonderful and I love how the water helps create the difference in color tone.  The I-15 is also very nice and I particularly like your choice of scheme as it is nice and colorful.  You did a great job on what imagine was a tough model to get to look this good.  Nice job and great subjects all around!

• Thanks 1

Whenever I thought about my "aircraft in the rain" Idea, I thought that the size of 1:1 raindrops would spoil the effect.   But, I have also wondered if the model could not be posed on a base sprinkled with water and then mist the water onto the model's surfaces with a pump plant mister?  Combined with an appropriately cloudy, rainy sky for a background, it might get closer to realistic.   🙂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gary Brantley said:

Whenever I thought about my "aircraft in the rain" Idea, I thought that the size of 1:1 raindrops would spoil the effect.   But, I have also wondered if the model could not be posed on a base sprinkled with water and then mist the water onto the model's surfaces with a pump plant mister?  Combined with an appropriately cloudy, rainy sky for a background, it might get closer to realistic.   🙂

-It could be tested but I fear the droplets may reunited each other to a size uncompatible with the scale of the model, that's what happened to my I-15 as the rains drops were not that big . Another solution to be  tested is to wait for a foggy day which render the mister installation unuseful when the mist fall but the result is not sure as well .I think it is a physical law. May be the same technic of the mister could be used with some fat stuff like salad oil  which is not so fluid but this will require a serious and perilous cleaning after the photo session. Only a cloudy sky make the day my friend.....

• Like 1