Airbrush and Compressor

ToonarmY

Hi All,

I am planning on buying a ln airbrush and compressor. I haven't used an airbrush for years since I had one of those awful compressed air can powered cheap plastic brushes. 

I have narrowed down my choice to a Harder and Steenbeck Ultra 2 in 1 which I have not yet bought. 

What would be a good compressor to go with this? An AS 186 was suggested as below, is this a good one to go with? 

Airbrush Kit AS186 AS 186 with Compressor with Tank

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074QTDVBW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_hKr4DbHJQJ82T

I will be using it to build a couple of 1:32 spitfires initially. Who knows after that. 

Thanks

Compressor is a good cheap & chearful. Will do for the power source. I can't see any warranty period.  Should have at least a year, but I have seen some with warranty down to 3 months, so needs checking.    On the airbrushes, the free ones can be hit and miss.  If you want a decent one that will give you area coverage and finer detail, have a look at the Sparmax GP-35.  It's a trigger airbrush, you pull the trigger back until you feel resistance, this starts the air flowing. When you pull it back further the paint starts flowing, the more you pull the trigger back, the more paint comes out. It's a more natural feel than a traditional double action brush. It also features a preset handle on the back to set a maximum paint flow and has a choice of side feed cups. Cleaning is fairly easy & spare parts are available and inexpensive.  The brush is £90 with a 2 year warranty.  

See:  http://www.modellingtools.co.uk/sparmax-gp-35-3723-p.asp  for more details and photo.

Paul

Hi, 

Thanks for the info l will check on the warrenty. 

Would the sparmax be a better option over the Ultra 2 in 1? I was advised this was a good beginner brush for the two needle options for detailing, large coverage and easy to clean.