Boeing 737-300 Easy Jet - Minicraft 1:144

I had this old Minicraft kit lying in my stash of doom, started, in fact already painted White and I was reluctant throwing it away´even after the much better Skyline kit was available.

Going through my collection of decals, I found the BOA Easy Jet sheet and gave it a try.

I won´t show you the gear wells, as there are none, I mentioned Minicraft, didn't I? The Right engine is tilted a Little bit, don't know why, oh yes, Minicraft...

I tried to use some printed Pictures as Background, but still have Problems with reflections, but some are ok, just to create an Airport atmosphere.

Easy Jet used this type until 2006, I think, now they are using Airbusses.

So, enjoy the Pictures! Comments are Always welcome, I can live with critique….

cheers,

Norbert

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 33

Actually, Google helped! At first I was looking for "Airport Buildings" with no satisfying results.

Then I changed the search to "Berlin, Munich (or other cities) Airport" and then these pictures came up. I went to the copy shop and had them printed out in DIN A3, that is 297 x 420 mm.

If you want them larger, only a plotter can do that, but then the strength of the paper is limited.

• Thanks 1

Another nice model Norbert, thanks for sharing.

As others have said the backgrounds are great. It's a pity Easyjet never had the chance to fly to Tempelhof in real life - closing that good and accessible airport before Brandenburg actually opened was a bad mistake.

Dave G

• Thanks 1

Hi Norbert,

That came out very well considering it's such an old kit now. I've got one in KLM colours somewhere which I ought to dig out and photograph. I remember being so excited when it first came out but now with the Daco -3/4/500s and all the New tool Zvezda and Revell kits not to mention Authentic Airliners the shapes don't look so good. As well as the lack of wheel bay there's also no intake lining for the engines too.

Still yours looks good and I like your backgrounds too. I'll have a rummage round in my airliner modelling folders because I'm sure I've got some similar images somewhere.

Cheers,

Ian

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, NorbertBu said:

I tried to use some printed Pictures as Background, but still have Problems with reflections, but some are ok, just to create an Airport atmosphere.

So, enjoy the Pictures!

spacer.png

That is a great shot! If only......

It certainly does create atmosphere.

Good looking 737 there. Thanks for sharing your "how to" on the photo background.

Edited by Abandoned Project
  • Thanks 1

It's great to see some of these older kits being built rather than relegated to the deep stash.  Newer and more accurate kits will, more often than not, take priority over the older kit and yet they can still be turned out to a high standard as shown here.

Thanks for posting Norbert.  👍

Chris

• Thanks 1

top work there - your choice of livery / decals have worked well on this monster of a kit. Takes me back a bit seeing these colours again - hasn't the airline come along way on since...

I love your backgrounds - such a simple and satisfying result.

Very nice build! A classic from the days when low-cost air travel was still fun and fresh. Nice photography and backgrounds as well.

This provokes some happy memories for me - G-IGOL was one of the ex-Go aircraft we inherited and I flew it a few times back in 2004 😀 I do remember they were much older than our shiny new -700s and the smell from the toilets wasn't the best!

Alan

Edited by Alan P

Very nice indeed.

Would love to start a whole new build/collection line in these 1/144 airliners - but my Wife would kill me.😬

Your work on this 737 is very inspiring though!👍👍