Airfix F84 Thunderstreak.

Morning folk's another Airfix oldie picked up without decals so a spurious scheme from spares.Like the Sabre a good test piece for a 

silver finish for an upcoming build I tried Tamiya's rattle can polished aluminium.It was only £2:99 so no complaints on that score.

Thanks for looking in.

20191128_113655

20191128_113735

20191128_113721

20191128_113545

• Like 26

Nice one Steve. the old Airfix Thunderstreak isn't a bad kit, and looks good in Italian markings.

As for experimenting with metal finishes, have you tried AK Xtreme Metal? It's now my go to paint for NMF.

Ian

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, IanC said:

Nice one Steve. the old Airfix Thunderstreak isn't a bad kit, and looks good in Italian markings.

As for experimenting with metal finishes, have you tried AK Xtreme Metal? It's now my go to paint for NMF.

Ian

Thank's Ian,my LMS stocks all the AK range might have to give it a try.

As expected, yet another classic kit build and one which I’ve never quite considered myself until viewing this beautiful model. Well done Steve! ... oh yes, here’s another plug for AK’s Extreme metals, you won’t be disappointed. 

Cheers and well modelled.. Dave  

• Like 1

Hi Steve,

oldie and goldie! It does scrub well under your ministrations!

You are an air brush user, so a rattle can may look a bit coarse for you, but as a hairy stick wielder, I am more than happy with the finish a spray can will deliver.

Bottom line, I like your finish very much!

Great job!

JR