Hawk Wild Woodie

PatW

Today my latest in this genre, a Hawk Wild Woodie which is identical to the Hawk Sandpiper and similar to the AMT Surf Woody.....

photo1-th.jpg

photo-th.jpg

photo-th.jpg

photo2-th.jpg

Now with it's twin the Sandpiper.............................

photo2-th.jpg

And with the Surf Woody..................................

photo-th.jpg

photo-th.jpg

• Like 5

That's a really good looking trio. Everything about the builds just screams 1960's pop culture.

I'm a bit of a fan of the Hawk Weird Oh's series but have yet to build any of these vehicles. I'll have to do something about that!

Bill Campbells's Weird Oh World book has an interesting picture of an idea that didn't get followed up on, using one of the cars. Not a bad idea, but Hawk went with the Woody on a Safari instead. 

Tony.

IMG-0109.jpg

IMG-0111.jpg

Thanks TonyW. Yes they are 'Groovy' kits. I built the Woody on Surfari kit last year..............................

photo-th.jpg

photo-th.jpg

11 hours ago, TonyW said:

That's a really good looking trio. Everything about the builds just screams 1960's pop culture.

I'm a bit of a fan of the Hawk Weird Oh's series but have yet to build any of these vehicles. I'll have to do something about that!

Bill Campbells's Weird Oh World book has an interesting picture of an idea that didn't get followed up on, using one of the cars. Not a bad idea, but Hawk went with the Woody on a Safari instead. 

Tony.

IMG-0109.jpg

IMG-0111.jpg

Well TonyW, I've found the book on both Amazon and ebay so might buy one! Thanks for the tip.

8 hours ago, TonyW said:

A man after my own heart!  They are a bit colourful, aren't they? I find them very relaxing to build and paint, they certainly stand out in a sea of olive green!

Here's my take on the Woody on Surfari...

airfix-1476.jpg

Well done TonyW it looks great well done! 

• Thanks 1

TonyW, I've ordered the book from Blackwells in Oxford, should be here by the end of this week! Thanks for tipping me off about it!

Thanks guys. Yes I've been looking at Jimmy Flintstones for some time, trying to find a UK importer as buying from the USA is expensive with the shipping costs and customs charges at this end. As a Meyers Manx collector (models) I did buy one of those from JF in resin and built a 4X4 offroader with it.

Tarpit Toons look pretty good too!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again TonyW, got the delivery today, superb book, plenty to see and read and understand who and which manufacturers were/weren't prepared to go out on a limb with such outlandish idea's!

Here it is....................

photo-th.jpg

• Like 1