Tamiya 1/48 Beaufighter TF Mk.X

Hello all;

It's been a while, but I ask you to consider the offering below for feedback and critique.  As usual, the full build up description and (shameless plug notwithstanding) description of its history and context can be found on my site, Making-History.ca

Onwards to the pics...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking!

Cheers;

Mark.

• Like 46
  • Thanks 1

Lovely Beaufighter Mark - I like the way you have subtly weathered the topside to break up the single colour. Nice little history and build log on your "shamelessly plugged" link too! 

This is not a criticism but I have noted that some rocket toting beaus had the port wing lights deleted/plated over - possibly because the firing of the rockets would likely break them? - it appears that your reference picture was missing the lights - I mention only as I am interested for my own future build - was this the norm?

Cheers

Malcolm

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baldy said:

This is not a criticism but I have noted that some rocket toting beaus had the port wing lights deleted/plated over - possibly because the firing of the rockets would likely break them? - it appears that your reference picture was missing the lights - I mention only as I am interested for my own future build - was this the norm?

Excellent catch Malcolm, I have studied that photo countless times and never noticed the landing light being faired over!  Thanks for pointing that out.  

There’s a couple of things not quite right on this one; the light for one but also the weapons load out - I loaded it up with a torpedo and rockets to show that Beau’s could deliver both but in practice they never went out armed with both.

Thanks for all the comments and reactions too, I appreciate it.

Cheers;

Mark

• Like 1

Excellent Beaufighter, and I enjoyed the link to your website too. 

I work in Elgin in Morayshire, and have visited the memorial at the former RAF  Dallachy airfield. A street in the locality was named Beafighter Road a few years back.

Cheers Greg 👍

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GREG DESTEC said:

I work in Elgin in Morayshire, and have visited the memorial at the former RAF  Dallachy airfield. A street in the locality was named Beafighter Road a few years back.

Those men deserve the recognition for sure.  Thanks for the comment Greg.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, russ c said:

Great looking Beau` there, like how you`ve included the sealing compound around the wing root fairings too

Thanks Russ.  I kept seeing pics of dark paint around the wing roots and cannon fairings and was curious as to what it was.

To everyone else that commented; thanks, the comments on both the model and the article are appreciated.

Cheers;

Mark.