Lightning T5 56 Squadron ++Finished++

Redstaff

Just wandering through the forum and came across this GB, what a great idea

Seems like an ideal time to finish off the lightning I started in the Trainers GB which failed at the end due to a missing part 🙄

I've got a Peugot 206 WRC to finish, then the Lightning should be a good project over Christmas to finish off :) 

Just got to remember where I put it safe now 🤔 Shouldn't be too hard as it's not small

Ian :) 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Christmas out of the way and now I finally found time to make a start.

Dug out the kit and realised that there isn't much to do, fit the missing cockpit top, decals, canopy and all the little bits that would get broken off.

First pic is the offending missing part from a T4 kit I had to buy along with a resin cockpit set 🤔

Will post more pics tomorrow when the light is better, these are just where I restarted from

20200104_135216_resized 20200104_135156_resized 20200104_135148_resized

• Like 3

Sorry for no pics in between, but there really wasn't that much to do and I forgot 🙄

Not my best effort and the canopy was an awful fit, also now it's on the wheels it seems to have taken a bit of a nose down attitude. But at least it's off the shelf of doom and another one for the firebirds collection. Decided not to build and fit the missiles as most pictures seem to be without. The refuelling probe seems to have vanished as well, but that's what happens when you don't finish stuff I suppose 

I'll try and take some decent pics when and if we get any sunshine....

Thanks for looking 

Ian

20200107_150010_resized 20200107_150024_resized 20200107_150033_resized 20200107_150112_resized

• Like 4

• Redstaff changed the title to Lightning T5 56 Squadron ++Finished++