1/35 Rye Field Models Sherman Firefly Vc

AntPhillips

I have the Rye Field Model Easy Eight which is an outstanding kit. This one should be great too and they are reasonably priced. Can't wait to buy it!

Rye Field Model and Meng are entering the 1/35 scale Sherman market in a big way. Still I'll keep (and build) the Asuka Shermans I have.

Question now is when will Rye Field Models enter the new tool 1/35 T-34 market?

• 1 month later...

Well I pre-ordered the kit from my favourite Chinese Supplier, and it arrived yesterday, I've posted some pics below of a comparison of the new kit against the generally acknowledged best kit at present from Asuka. The RFM parts are grey and the Asuka parts are Olive

I've also included a photo of the parts for the M2 .50 cal Browning, again against the Asuka parts.

Personally I think RFM might just have pulled it off and bettered the current standard.

20200113_123531 20200113_123603 20200113_184242 20200113_184403 20200113_184429 20200113_185004

If anyone wants any more specific comparison shots let me know and I'll get some done.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Many thanks for this - RFM just seems to be that bit crisper - mind you it shows how far ahead of its time the Asuka one was!

TT

I wholly agree, it's a tiny step up but it's by no means leaps and bounds ahead.

I certainly wont be disposing of the Asuka kits.

• Like 2

I don't know, what happened to Asuka distribution channels. My LHS telling, that they cannot get anything from them.

Guess, they employed a "cousin, who has an uncle, who knows a BIG man" to take care of it,

or auntie Wu is pulling the "stick" to fill those forms with plastic, and she's old and tired - 50 boxes a day.

Well, looks like RFM is filling the hole. It may not be much better, but it can be on the shops shelves sooner.

Zig

• Like 3

Mine arrived a few days ago, definitely crisper in detail.  Hull is better than Asuka, not keen on the turret join though, the muzzle brakes are split which is surprising considering the quality of the rest of the kit. 

Not checked for dimensional accuracy though but looks like a Firefly.  So I can see this being the standard if the availability is good. 

Neil

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 10:12 AM, AntPhillips said:

Well I pre-ordered the kit from my favourite Chinese Supplier, and it arrived yesterday, I've posted some pics below of a comparison of the new kit against the generally acknowledged best kit at present from Asuka. The RFM parts are grey and the Asuka parts are Olive

I've also included a photo of the parts for the M2 .50 cal Browning, again against the Asuka parts.

Personally I think RFM might just have pulled it off and bettered the current standard.

20200113_123531 20200113_123603 20200113_184242 20200113_184403 20200113_184429 20200113_185004

If anyone wants any more specific comparison shots let me know and I'll get some done.

How have they done the tracks, are they individual links or link and length?

On 1/17/2020 at 2:22 PM, 593jones said:

How have they done the tracks, are they individual links or link and length?

Heresy, I know, but as it's a Sherman, and has trackguards, I'd settle for decent Dragon DS style 'rubber band' tracks. 

40 minutes ago, IanC said:

Heresy, I know, but as it's a Sherman, and has trackguards, I'd settle for decent Dragon DS style 'rubber band' tracks. 

They are an acceptable alternative, but personally I prefer link and length.  The last individual track links I did were for the Amusing Hobby Conqueror ll.  Workable tracks, they went together very easily, unfortunately they came apart just as easily and I ended up cementing them together  :rage:

Edited by 593jones

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...