1/72 spitfire mk v engine detail set. Help!

rob85

Does anyone know of a good comprehensive detail set for a mk v spitfire (preferably including everything to detail a mk v with the panel’s removed)

I've seen the CMK set for early mk’s and the eduard set for the morning ix (basically I want that but for a mk v!) but didn’t know if I was missing something or that what I want doesn’t exist.... if it doesn’t can someone finish my model to a better standard than I can scratch build (this won’t be hard)

cheers

Rob

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that a engine set for a Mk I will be acceptable, hence you could look at this:

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AIRE7080

A word of warning, though: This kind of upgrade has its own pitfalls and are not simple additions. The parts and details in the set are very small and fragile and getting it right can be quite a struggle. It sure beats trying to make your own, but be prepared to use double or treble the time on your model as compared with at straightforward assembly and painting job.

HTH

Finn

Edit: I know that this set only have machine gun bays and not the 20 mm  cannon, but cannon bays are also separately available. Try Hannants.

Edited by FinnAndersen
  • Thanks 1

Aires did a full detail set, engine, cockpit and gun bays for the Tamiya kit.

The cockpit and gun bays were available separately.

The Aires sets are exceptionally well detailed but are not simple plug in sets, they require accurate cutting and a lot of thinning of the base kit components.

I can't comment on the Detail Model set as I haven't seen any of their products.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/26/2019 at 12:02 AM, rob85 said:

Does anyone know of a good comprehensive detail set for a mk v spitfire (preferably including everything to detail a mk v with the panel’s removed)

I've seen the CMK set for early mk’s and the eduard set for the morning ix (basically I want that but for a mk v!) but didn’t know if I was missing something or that what I want doesn’t exist.... if it doesn’t can someone finish my model to a better standard than I can scratch build (this won’t be hard)

cheers

Rob

Aviation megastore has this on their black friday sale: https://blackfriday.aviationmegastore.com/spitfire-mkv-voor-revell-72039-hi-tech-ht-72039-aircraft-scale-modelling-detailsets/product/?action=prodinfo&art=21610

• Thanks 1