This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Des

Haynes Manuals

While The Works continues to sell selected discounted examples from the range of aircraft subjects does anyone know if Haynes have given up on adding new aviation subjects to the range?

E.E. Lightning and D.H. Sea Vixen have both been showing on Amazon for well over a year first as 2019 releases but now as currently unavailable and I wondered if anyone knew what was happening with the series.

I do hope they release the Lightning and Sea Vixen books. Even though we already have a lot of reference material for both types it's always handy to have more. 

I'm still kicking myself for not getting the Wessex book when it was on sale. There were some lovely close up detail views and rare images of the green painted HAS3 in Northern Ireland.

The Spirit of St Louis book is their most recent aviation themed book - although it's more of a history of the aircraft and its feat rather than a technical analysis.

Believe me Ian Black (ex Phantom Nav, Lightning Pilot and Tornado F3 pilot) is on with the Lightning book as I Type, but his day job gets in the way (Virgin Atlantic pilot) but its coming.  

They went hammer and tongs publishing new ones at a very rapid rate but have slowed of late, probably understandably because they've covered most of the "popular" subjects. Generally they're worthwhile for the money, although obviously some are better than others. Just personal opinion but I think the SE5 and the F-86 ones are exceptionally good.