1/72 Canberras

Nigel Bunker

Does anybody make aftermarket canopies for 1/72 Canberras? I ask as I bought a kit from under the table at a model show earlier this year and it has no clear parts. I thought if I could get a bubble canopy  I could make a T.4 or if I could get a fighter canopy I could make a B(I)8. Otherwise it goes back in the stash.

12 minutes ago, Mr T said:

Which kit is it? The T.4 and B(I)8 have different models of Avons that affect the front of the engine amongst other things

It is the Frog B(I)8 kit.  I was thinking of a T.4 as I can modify the engines and make a solid nose plus whatever else is needed. I'm being flexible depending on which canopy I can get.

18 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

Falcon does a B-57 canopy in their USAF Bombers set.

Thanks but I'd prefer a Canberra in roundels, but if push comes to shove, it's there.

5 hours ago, NorthBayKid said:

The fish bowl canopy on the Martin-built B-57A is not identical to the fish bowl on the British built aircraft.  Similar, but not identical.

That's an interesting observation, in what way would you say they were different? Other than changing the screw and fastenings to US standards, I'm unaware of any design change.

John

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Gooney Fan said:

Alley Cat Resin do a range of Canberra conversions if you are interested

Thanks for the information but according to their website, the only 1/72 scale conversion they do is for the SC9 (which is based on the PR.9). All the others are in 1/48.

• Like 1