1/48 PT-17 Stearman.....and so it begins

Some more color added to the Stearman.  Looks so shinny in the the photos.  Got a few touch ups to do.  Got a few more I'll decide if I really want to tackle.  Was hard masking into the tight corners in a few spots.  Not looking forward to the rigging.  They had non rigged version, right? 🤣

PS......I see the yellow is a little dusty from the masking being pulled off.  It's not in the paint

49196144738_e46e205e4d_c.jpg

49196645376_1b760ca3f4_c.jpg

• Like 12

Little hiccup with the decals.  They wanted to keep shattering.   These are the ones that survived, plus one more star and bar on the opposite side.   Decal film issue, Bob with Iliad is sending a new batch printed by Microscale.  Was able to save a few by applying decal film over it.

Not great work on my behalf, but it's getting the feet wet again in models after a short break.  Yup, some issues here and there but it'll have to do.  Yes, the one strut is missing.  I knocked it off for the billionth time.  So I'll just leave it off for a bit longer.  Now the rigging 😬 not looking forward to that.

• Like 1

Some great building here, and quite opportune for me, as doing my shopping in town this morning I happened to glance at the window of one of the many charity shops that we have and there in the centre was a brightly coloured box with a blue and yellow biplane and the Revell logo on it, a closer look showed that it was a 1/48 PT-17 KAYDET kit, so a quick enquiry of the assistant if I could have a check of the contents, the reply was "certainly, I have checked that all the parts are there, as it can be very annoying to find there is a piece missing", the contents were still sealed in plastic bags, so I glanced at the price -, £6.50,!!! thank you.  Don't know when I will get round to cutting the plastic, the first thing that I will do is get out the sunglasses to combat the bright yellow plastic.  I think that you will agree that £6.50 was a good buy.   Robin.    

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

No pictures yet, because I had to rush to the computer with excitement.  It took me 5 sheets to get the number 73 off of, but I've made it by the skin of my teeth.  Had to use liquid decal film on the last one.   I ended up dipping the decals probably for 10-12 seconds, let it set for like 2 minutes, dip another 2-3 seconds, sit for another minute.  I think I even dipped a third time on the last 73.  But it is all decaled up! :thumbsup:

• Like 1