Panzer III Ausf L (1:35 Tamiya)

witjas4

Hi,

This is a 1:35 model, the Panzerkamfwagen III Ausf L, German medium tank. This is Tamiya KIT no. 35215. I made it as movable model, to do it I had to replace the road wheels by older ones from older (85'th) Tamiya KIT. Additional parts are the Friulmodel tracks and small accessories. I added a short video showing how does the model ride at the bottom.

P.S. The photo light tent really does it job.

30637_rd.jpg?lm=1574690438

30637_rd.jpg?lm=1574690486

30637_rd.jpg?lm=1574690493

30637_rd.jpg?lm=1574690500

30637_rd.jpg?lm=1574690507

30637_rd.jpg?lm=1574690548

30637_rd.jpg?lm=1574690555

30637_rd.jpg?lm=1574690562

30637_rd.jpg?lm=1574690576

30637_rd.jpg?lm=1574690662

30637_rd.jpg?lm=1574690684

30637_rd.jpg?lm=1574690728

30637_rd.jpg?lm=1574690744

30637_rd.jpg?lm=1574690764

30637_rd.jpg?lm=1574690772

30637_rd.jpg?lm=1574690786

30637_rd.jpg?lm=1574690794

This video clip presents how this model can ride

I'd be glad if you review my remaining RFI-armor posts

Edited by witjas4
  • Like 46
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Soeren said:

Very nice and great pictures. You mentioned your light tent. What a setup do you have for that?

I have light tent with the original led light inside (2000 LM). The only equipment I use except the LT is a Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark II camera fixed on flexible tripod.

18 hours ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Nice weathering there..like the wear and tear of the paint from the desert conditions...nice job..:yes:

17 hours ago, Yetifan said:

Excellent paint job and the photos are really terrific 🙂

16 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Terrific job, standard of paintwork and weathering exemplary. Love the attention to detail.

:goodjob:

15 hours ago, Lawrence Tierney said:

Love the colouring, the faded look. Small point tho: wasn't the panzer III a medium? Dunno

7 hours ago, Ian said:

Outstanding photography & museum quality modelling.

Ian.

7 hours ago, Harry Callahan said:

Excellent work. I like your paint and weathering job. Also really nice photographed

2 hours ago, srkirad said:

Very nice weathering that just emphasizes one-colour-camo.

Dust effects are really good.

Well done.

Cheers.

S.

2 hours ago, Soeren said:

Very nice and great pictures. You mentioned your light tent. What a setup do you have for that?

Thank you very much for the comments.
Cheers

W

• Like 2

4 hours ago, witjas4 said:

I have light tent with the original led light inside (2000 LM). The only equipment I use except the LT is a Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark II camera fixed on flexible tripod.

Thanks, these are quite affordable. Just ordered me one of these. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Witjas,

Superb work all round. A delicious desert PzIII

I tried very hard to find anything that you could have done better, because I suspect you will get bored of nothing but high praise!

And I DID find something.. well a pair of somethings, and it's those pith helmets. To me it appears as though you painted and weathered them in exactly the same way as the tank. To me they don't look like fabric.

Other than that, can I ask why you feel you have to make the thing with working wheels and tracks? There's no way I'd push one of my models around, no matter how clean my hands were, or how careful I was. Your masterpiece should be handled with kid gloves, or not at all.

Rearguards,

Badder

Edited by Badder
  • Thanks 1

On 07/12/2019 at 16:24, Badder said:

Hi Witjas,

Superb work all round. A delicious desert PzIII

I tried very hard to find anything that you could have done better, because I suspect you will get bored of nothing but high praise!

And I DID find something.. well a pair of somethings, and it's those pith helmets. To me it appears as though you painted and weathered them in exactly the same way as the tank. To me they don't look like fabric.

Other than that, can I ask why you feel you have to make the thing with working wheels and tracks? There's no way I'd push one of my models around, no matter how clean my hands were, or how careful I was. Your masterpiece should be handled with kid gloves, or not at all.

Rearguards,

Badder

Hi Badder. You right about the helmets, I don't really know how they should look so I painted them like you said. You critics is justified.

You question made me laugh a little bit :)

First of all, I do my model not only for the put them on the shelf and do not touch any more. Even if I have not running models I really like to take them, touch and look it from all sides in my hands.

Secondly, I have two sons (8,10 y.o.) who asked me to make only a running models for the playing them on occasion and under my oversight of course :). If you look closer to fenders on this tank, you'll see a striped paint on their angles which arose in natural way by the scrape :) Of course I'm not boasting them but I noticed this too late, only on photos after I published them on this forum. If I noticed it before taking the photos, I would do the paint/weathering correction first.

Best regards

WITJAS

Edited by witjas4

44 minutes ago, witjas4 said:

Hi Badder. You right about the helmets, I don't really know how they should look so I painted them like you said. You critics is justified.

You question made me laugh a little bit :)

First of all, I do my model not only for the put them on the shelf and do not touch any more. Even if I have not running models I really like to take them, touch and look around in my hands.

Secondly, I have two sons (8,10 y.o.) who asked me to make only a running models for the playing them on occasion and under my oversight of course :). If you look closer to fenders on this tank, you'll see a striped paint on their angles which appeared in natural way by the scrape :) Of course I'm not boasting them but I noticed this only on photos after I published them on this forum. If I noticed it before taking the photos, I would do the paint/weathering correction first.

Best regards

WITJAS

I'm with you with regards to making the tracks work, now and again would want to marvel in my creation and not just leave somewhere and just look at, i.e. a painting.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

WOW!! That is very impressive. One of my favourite tanks and you have done a superb job with the paintwork and finishing. :worthy: 

If you fancy making another Pz.III in February 2021 (yes over a year away!!) we're having a Pz.III Single Type Group Build and I'm sure other modellers taking part would enjoy following your building of a Pz.III.

Kind regards,

Stix

PS - the GB page can be found here:

• Thanks 1