1/24 Airfix Spitfire; my first plane for 40 years

I’ve not touched a plane since I was a snotty little kid, always went to cars & bikes.

I got this reissue Airfix 1/24 Spitfire off eBay for 30 quid in a sale, had a lot of fun building it & now I’m eager to do another one & put more effort & detail in to it.

Still happy with what I’ve done here, the distorted fuselage & appalling fit & moulding standards made for an interesting time! Still fun tho 😜

Edited by Adrian Worman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Adrian Worman said:

Where’s my pic? 
I clicked on the ‘add photo url’ tab & clicked on ‘add to post’ but nothing 😳

This gets asked a lot.   From the above, I'm guessing that you are trying to use a pic from your computer? 

Your photo needs to be hosted somewhere online,  you can't just add a pic from your computer.  (you can on some sites though)

There are many photo hosting sites, Flickr, Village Photos, Postimage,  you can use a google account if you have one, you can even use facebook or instagram.

If you already have the photo online, usually you don't need to use the 'add photo url' either,  just paste the image in your post and the it does the rest for you.

One glitch that cam up recently, if using Flickr BB code,  if you paste that into the "add photo url"  it doesn't work,  as this threw a friend on here,  when he just posted in the BB code direct it was fine, though initially it just shows text.

HTH

53 minutes ago, Adrian Worman said:

Where’s my pic? 
I clicked on the ‘add photo url’ tab & clicked on ‘add to post’ but nothing 😳

In order to show photos on this site you will need a photo host. The site is run on a very small budget (you may have noticed that there isn't any advertising) so can't afford a server big enough to store all the pictures that are uploaded. There are other reasons like security etc. All you need to know about posting photos is here (don't worry that it's 12 pages long, all you need is the first post on the first page):

There is a document on suitable photo hosts here:

Posting photo's on here may look complicated at first, but it it is much easier than it sounds.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Adrian Worman said:

Thank you for the reply Troy.

im using an iPhone, I don’t have a computer of any sort.

i tried to copy & paste a link to an image from Scalemates & WhatrsApp,  I don’t use sites like Facebook or Flickr.

ill keep trying! 

I use an iPhone Xr for the same reason, no computer. I use the Imgur app. Its way to easy to use if i can figure it out anyone can. 

Nice Spitfire by the way. 😉

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

• 1 month later...

For not having built a model in 40 years, your work is incredible. I started building again about two years ago, after a 20 year period away from the hobby, and for me it was literally like starting to learn the hobby all over again. You did yourself proud on this one.

I have one of these to build too. Picked one up from ebay with a motor for the prop. Not sure if I will use the motor. 

I haven't two 1/32 scale spits to build too. Iv heard this is a nightmare to build with its fit so il likely leave it until last

Thanks for the kind words lads! 
Tentacles......  it was my first plane for 40 years, I’d done a few cars as a warm up so I should’ve done a fair job😜

ToonarmY...... yes tbh these old tooled Airfix are a load of poo-poo, test your patience & aren’t that well detailed.

The 1:32 Revell, Tamiya etc are a world apart, I’ll do one soon.

HOUSTON....... thanks!!!!!