1:35 Tamyia Churchill Mk VII

I am building this as part of my "return to the hobby" project. Its going to be part of this diorama (this also gives a bit of background to my thinking and ideas)

At the weekend I started the build on the tank

49120567056_66e2ce65b0.jpgTank 1 by nomisd2002, on Flickr

49120065063_301fe45eec.jpgTank 2 by nomisd2002, on Flickr

49120758937_e6efdd09ef.jpgTank 3 by nomisd2002, on Flickr

I have to say for a model that according to the date cast into the hull is 42 years old, it is remarkably easy and satisfying to put together. I didn't find any issues getting this far. Indeed, I am happy to say that everything that should turn and move at this point, turns and moves and didn't become accidentally glued together, something the 40 year younger me never seemed to achieve, so I think progress has probably been made. 

• Like 7

I have one of these in the stash so will follow this with interest. 

You have made a great start and these old Tamiya kits usually scrub up well 

Roger

I'm working on the Crocodile version of this kit at the moment, its at pretty much a similar stage as your's, with the obvious exception of mine having the armoured trailer too. It is a lovely straight forward build, although apparently it does represent a post-WW2 tank rather than a late war one.

The Osprey Modelling the Churchill tank does include a list of some of the very simple mods required to backdate it, I'll post a copy later when I get home.

• Like 2

I do enjoy a Tamiya Tank kit, so will try my best to keep up. Big fan of the detail on the hull so far and in my experience of Tamiya kits, this holds up with the very clean look they all seem to have.

I look forward to seeing more,

Steven

• Thanks 1